New Batman Game leaked, to be announced today.

I'm glad they made some changes to keep things fresh. It looks like they added some environmental stuff to the combat system. The Batmobile stuff is going to make major changes to the way the game is played too. When I first heard it was being added I wasn't sure it was necessary. It was already fun and easy to get around the city as Batman in previous games. I have to admit that some of the vehicle stuff looks pretty cool though.

One thing I'm worried about is that the game looks so good that I fear how my system will run it (I'm getting it for PC since I got a preorder deal at about 40% off). I know I can just upgrade the video card but I'd prefer to keep the one I got.

One thing I'm worried about is that the game looks so good that I fear how my system will run it (I'm getting it for PC since I got a preorder deal at about 40% off). I know I can just upgrade the video card but I'd prefer to keep the one I got.

I'm starting to get to the point where my card is no longer well above the recommended specs for a lot of these new games. I still haven't seen anything that puts me below the minimum specs. Since my PC hardware is roughly equivalent to the PS4 I think I should be able to handle just about everything in this generation but the days of me blindly picking the Ultra settings are long gone. I want to wait another year or two before upgrading my GPU. I don't want to do it until a $200-$250 card can give me a substantial boost over the PS4/Xbox One and my current PC.

I'm hoping to pick up Shadow of Mordor and Far Cry 4 in the Steam Fall Sale this weekend but I will probably have to turn down a couple settings to play both of those games smoothly.

I have all the other Arkham games on PC but this one will likely be a PS4 Gamefly Rental for me. The June launch date means I probably won't have a ton of other new releases taking up my time. I'll likely want to play it as soon as it's launched so renting makes more sense than waiting on a PC sale for me.

Another trailer released. Looking good, although I'm a little hesitant about the "Batman VS The World" storyline being repeated again like it was in Arkham City. Also a little wary of what this game is going to look like on my machine..

In case you were wondering WHY Arkham Knight got an M rating, the ESRB explains. Note: Slight spoilers.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33870&Title=

Part of me is curious but part of me doesn't care. I have played so many M rated games, some of which take things to far for my tastes, that I doubt there will be anything that shocking in a Batman game. Since I'd rather go in knowing as little as possible about the story I'm going to go with the part of me that doesn't care.

Really, I could see a justification for the first two Arkham games getting an M rating. Those slow motion finisher moves were pretty brutal. They can say he wasn't killing all those thugs but many of them would probably be dead from the beatings Batman dishes out in those games.

Not only that but the story actually gets pretty dark in both games. I guess as an adult game ratings just don't matter to me. If they wouldn't have made such a big deal about this one getting an M I might have assumed the first 2 were as well. I don't typically even look to see what a game is rated.

A lot of people might be surprised that the Uncharted games were rated T. I know I still am after seeing a number of other games with similar levels of graphic violence get M ratings.

A lot of people might be surprised that the Uncharted games were rated T. I know I still am after seeing a number of other games with similar levels of graphic violence get M ratings.

Yeah, I'm not sure why a game like Uncharted would get a T rating when you literally shoot hundreds of people by the end of the game. I understand that it's not bloody and up close gore but neither are Call of Duty and Halo for the most part yet both of those games got M ratings.

Yeah, I'm not sure why a game like Uncharted would get a T rating when you literally shoot hundreds of people by the end of the game. I understand that it's not bloody and up close gore but neither are Call of Duty and Halo for the most part yet both of those games got M ratings.
Perhaps the ESRB adopts a similar policy as the MPAA. From the classic "South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut":

Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!

Reactions: Zookster
Perhaps the ESRB adopts a similar policy as the MPAA. From the classic "South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut":

Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!

That's what I was thinking as soon as I posted about Uncharted. There really aren't a ton of F-bombs, if any, in Uncharted. Just a lot of "crap." There is a fair amount of blood, at least in Uncharted 1, though it may have gotten toned down in 2 and 3 (by then I stopped paying attention/caring).

What's always baffled me a bit is Mass Effect being rated M. Those games aren't particularly gory and the language isn't too salty that I recall. I feel it got M merely because of a 30 second scene in which two people wrestle nose-to-nose in their underwear -- way less than you see every day in a typical daytime soap opera.

That's what I was thinking as soon as I posted about Uncharted. There really aren't a ton of F-bombs, if any, in Uncharted. Just a lot of "crap." There is a fair amount of blood, at least in Uncharted 1, though it may have gotten toned down in 2 and 3 (by then I stopped paying attention/caring). What baffles me a bit is Mass Effect being rated M. That game isn't particularly gory and the language isn't too salty that I recall. I feel it got M merely because of a 30 second scene in which two people wrestle nose-to-nose in their underwear -- way less than you see every day in a typical daytime soap opera.
Probably that along with the same sex relationships. Sexual stuff is still rather hot button in games, so if you have anything remotely sexual it probably puts you in the EZ-Pass lane toward an M rating.

Last edited:
PC specs have been revealed. Not earth shattering, but those Ultra settings don't look to be f-ing around..

http://www.pcgamer.com/arkham-knight-system-requirements-revealed/

Looks like I'm going to have to clean up my SSD. 55GB is a doozy, not to mention that doesn't mention if it's the final install size or if it needs that double size stuff like GTA V did for decompression and install.

Last edited:
Another trailer has been released. Sadly it's mainly rendered stuff, but apparently you can play as Nightwing and Catwoman. Not 100% sure how that functionality will be implemented, whether it's switching on the fly or done via story stuff, etc.

Another trailer has been released. Sadly it's mainly rendered stuff, but apparently you can play as Nightwing and Catwoman. Not 100% sure how that functionality will be implemented, whether it's switching on the fly or done via story stuff, etc.

I saw Robin in there too. It would be cool if you could switch at will. If they make them feel different enough it would even be interesting to do an entire play-through as each character. I doubt that will be an option though.

I think it's more likely that you will just be automatically switched to specific characters for specific missions the way it worked with Catwoman in Arkham City and Robin in the Harley Quinn revenge DLC. It would be hard to make the story and cutscene dialog make sense if the player choose to be Catwoman when the villain is clearly meant to be talking to Batman. I suppose they could do different cutscenes for each character but that would be a lot of extra work.

I saw Robin in there too.

Actually..Nightwing is just the older version of Robin.

I think it's more likely that you will just be automatically switched to specific characters for specific missions the way it worked with Catwoman in Arkham City and Robin in the Harley Quinn revenge DLC.

Yeah but in the clip they showed 2 characters beating up on 1 guy at the same time, so it may be more than just a simple character swap. I guess we'll find out soon regardless.

Actually..Nightwing is just the older version of Robin.

I'm not a huge comic book guy but I have read enough to know that there has been more than one Robin. I think there has actually been more than one Nightwing too. The fact that they both show up in the trailer means that it either has to be two different people or that Dick Grayson is going to change from Robin to Nightwing in the middle of the game.

When I was doing a quick google search to make sure I wasn't completely wrong about this I saw that Red Hood is also a former Robin. If you preorder the game from Gamestop you get exclusive Red Hood story missions so there will potentially be 3 different people who were Robin at one point in this game.

Yeah but in the clip they showed 2 characters beating up on 1 guy at the same time, so it may be more than just a simple character swap. I guess we'll find out soon regardless.

I hope they actually give us a lot to do with these characters besides just challenge maps. As cool as it is to play as Batman I liked getting to mix it up with Catwoman and Robin in Arkham City even if there wasn't a ton of content for those characters. Like you said, It's not too much longer though. I'm really looking forward to this game. I hope GMG sends out Steam codes early enough to have it pre-loaded for day one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts