New BHN customer and possibly becoming tech. would like to lern more

tim tim tim

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Currently we have one HD DVR, 1 plain dvr and 2 regular boxes. I am coming from dish network (customer and tech) and the HD im getting doesnt even compare in quality. Is there a setting I need to mess with or something to get better picture?

Also, why is the channel line up so random? most providers seem to group types of channels together yet this seems to have NO organization what so ever. Is this something that I can change?

Can these reveivers do anything special? it doesnt really seem to have much memory or do anything other then just plain dvr abilities (the abilities dont matter but the space stinks)

Currently we have one HD DVR, 1 plain dvr and 2 regular boxes. I am coming from dish network (customer and tech) and the HD im getting doesnt even compare in quality. Is there a setting I need to mess with or something to get better picture?

Sadly, its what you see is what you get. Alot of people switch to satellite because of the better hd picture quality and more hd channels. The only thing you can do is make sure your lines are of good quality (RG-6) and some what new.

Currently we have one HD DVR, 1 plain dvr and 2 regular boxes. I am coming frAlso, why is the channel line up so random? most providers seem to group types of channels together yet this seems to have NO organization what so ever. Is this something that I can change?

Ya know, I never did look into why the channels aren't grouped better. I just always accepted it the way it was. I agree it could use better revamping.

Currently we have one HD DVR, 1 plain dvr and 2 regular boxes. I am coming frCan these reveivers do anything special? it doesnt really seem to have much memory or do anything other then just plain dvr abilities (the abilities dont matter but the space stinks)

Depends on what you consider special. However, their pretty much good as stand alone boxes for the moment. We did just get a new style HDDVR that has alot more space to it. Some other features are there as well, but their not documented or supported at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)