New BUD Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
So a Backhoe showed up today with a BUD hanging off from it. Suprise Suprise!! In 15 minutes we had it planted and plumb.

Now is the part I need help with. I know for a fact it was pointing at a sat when it was removed, I dont know what sat.

Tonight I pushed it back and forth and did blind scans and nothing. I need a better method.

Any suggestions? I have an azbox and a fortec star. I dont have a way to move the motor or polarity yet. I just want to get it pointed at what it was on before for now.

Wholeshoe

Well, you haven't told us anything about the dish or the motor.
Some pictures might help. - :up

What's the question?
What bird was it on?
Where are you?

You've been here long enough to know the drill:
- plumb pole
- put the mount to top of the arc
- twist the mount where it bolts to the pole to set azimuth
- adjust the elevation
- home in on your true south satellite.
(I left out setting the declination, but if you're just looking to get a first signal, it's something we can come back to)

You can run the motor to move the dish, with a 12 battery or power supply capable of a couple of amps.
As for adjusting the probe in the feed for V or H, Iceberg once mentioned a manual way, but ... (?)

I'm sure once you disclose the goal, someone can give ya better info. ;)

Well, you haven't told us anything about the dish or the motor.
Some pictures might help. - :up

What's the question?
What bird was it on?
Where are you?

You've been here long enough to know the drill:
- plumb pole
- put the mount to top of the arc
- twist the mount where it bolts to the pole to set azimuth
- adjust the elevation
- home in on your true south satellite.
(I left out setting the declination, but if you're just looking to get a first signal, it's something we can come back to)

You can run the motor to move the dish, with a 12 battery or power supply capable of a couple of amps.
As for adjusting the probe in the feed for V or H, Iceberg once mentioned a manual way, but ... (?)

I'm sure once you disclose the goal, someone can give ya better info. ;)

The question is how can I locate or hone in on what sat it was on. The dish came from across the road. It is a az/el winegard mount. If i figure right I should be able to find the bird it was on and once it is on that one the arc should follow if I dont touch the elevation or the declination since it is in the same geographic area. I am in northern michigan.

I was just hoping someone had an idea on how to hit the bird closely (I dont know what one it is but it looks to be higher in the arc from looking at where the mount is.

I guess worst case I need a signal meter with a needle and swing it until it peaks. Once I get some new cable I can motorize the dish.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe

For what its worth..... Most every single dish I have run across that was "Parked", It was either the old G-5 or G-0 just to the east. G-5 in its day was where the average joe subbed. Many places offered a G-5 pack at a reasonable price that covered the "cable" channels. I think there is one analog channel active on G-5. That would br transponder 3. There are several cvb channels but they are scrambled. However they can be used for signal readings. Just a stab in the dark. Good luck! Have a great day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)