New Buffer Feature in L443 on 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just noticed a new feature with the buffer in L443. :)

If you rewind one of the satellite feeds to, say 30 minutes ago, and then hit the swap button to view the other channel. When you swap back to the other channel, it is still 30 minutes back. It used to revert to live if you did that. Well not the full 30 minutes. Time still ticks off, but it is like 29 minutes and 30 seconds back.

Just noticed a new feature with the buffer in L443. :)

If you rewind one of the satellite feeds to, say 30 minutes ago, and then hit the swap button to view the other channel. When you swap back to the other channel, it is still 30 minutes back. It used to revert to live if you did that.

Yeah, I like discovering little pearls like that. That's been possible at least since the the side-by-side PIP feature was implemented, though. Probably about 3 versions ago.;)

This isn't new to 433. I have been doing it for months switching between sports games at commercial breaks and catching up.
Hey doofus. I realize that. Did you happen to read post 2 where it was posted that the feature has been available for a while?

Did you happen to read post 3 where I acknowledged that?

And you still feed the need to make a repetitive post. After almost 2 hours!! LOL

You are da man!!!!!

Attachments

• go_you.gif
    go_you.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
now if only they would add the feature to save the buffer after watching a DVR event I would be golden.

I was wondering if on the 622 you can record after the program starts from that buffer area? I thought I tried it once and didnt work, maybe I was wrong, Kinda new to this. Bill

Hey doofus. I realize that. Did you happen to read post 2 where it was posted that the feature has been available for a while?

And you still feed the need to make a repetitive post. After almost 2 hours!! LOL

You are da man!!!!!

My apologies that I skimmed the replies and missed it, but do you need to be an A-Hole about it?

I was wondering if on the 622 you can record after the program starts from that buffer area? I thought I tried it once and didnt work, maybe I was wrong, Kinda new to this. Bill

Like if you are 15 mins in and push record will the recording pull the first 15 mins from buffer? That is a question I have also, as I can't get this to work either.

Like if you are 15 mins in and push record will the recording pull the first 15 mins from buffer? That is a question I have also, as I can't get this to work either.

As stated several posts up, you have to rewind to the point you want the recording to start at, then press record.

NightRyder

Buffer

now if only they would add the feature to save the buffer after watching a DVR event I would be golden.

What would be the advantage? The buffer uses space on your hard drive, so if it retained a DVR event after you watched it you would actually have 2 instances of the event - one in the DVR listing and one in the buffer. You would be wasting hard drive space with no tangible benefit.

I'm pretty new to Dish and my 722, but I think you can hit record. The window asking if you want to record the remainder of the event will open. You then go to Options. One of the options is record entire event. I think it will then record everything it has in the buffer plus the remainder of the event.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D

No. You need to rewind to where you want the recording to start then hit record. And it needs to be in the same program. ie. If you are currently watching the People's Court and you are 15 minutes into it, rewind to the beginning of the show and hit record. It will record from the beginning of the show. If you do not rewind, it will clip the show. But do NOT go too far. If you go into the previous show (say Judge Mathis) it will record that only and dump the People's Court.

What would be the advantage? The buffer uses space on your hard drive, so if it retained a DVR event after you watched it you would actually have 2 instances of the event - one in the DVR listing and one in the buffer. You would be wasting hard drive space with no tangible benefit.
He means about how it currently dumps the buffer if you watch a DVR event. He wants the buffer to retain live TV while you are watching a DVR event.

Say you are watching a race. If you pop into a previously recorded show and watch it for a minute or two, when you go back to live TV the buffer is empty. You can't rewind and watch the few minutes of the race you missed.

No. You need to rewind to where you want the recording to start then hit record.
Actually, BSUGrad is correct that you can select to record the event from the beginning (IF the beginning is in the buffer), but I also prefer to record the entire event by rewinding to the place I want it to start. That way I am assured that it will start where I want it to without any commercials at the beginning.

Thanks for clarifying...was used to charters DVR which automatically records from beginning of show but this will help alot. Bill

You are da man!!!!!

Yeah, what an idiot. Imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss a post that had been there for "2 hours!!" Next thing you know, he will proudly declare he discovered he can pause one tuner while swapping to the other tuner some six months after everyone else started using that feature.

They say stupid people constantly feel they are smarter then everyone else, even as they are oblivious to their own stupidity. I bet he is one of those people.

Last edited:
Yeah, what an idiot. Imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss a post that had been there for "2 hours!!" Next thing you know, he will proudly declare he discovered he can pause one tuner while swapping to the other tuner some six months after everyone else started using that feature.

They say stupid people constantly feel they are smarter then everyone else, even as they are oblivious to their own stupidity. I bet he is one of those people.
Or they may even master when to use "then" and when to use "than"!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts