New C-band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rapidawn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
CA
Purchased a NEW commercial 2.4m C-band antenna (yes, mucha moola with shipping cost) and was delivered today in what looks to be less than pristine condition.

Question for the experienced, would these scratches on the reflector side have any affect in the dish's performance?

satdish 0.jpgsatdish 1.jpgsatdish 2.jpg
outer edge
satdish 3.jpgsatdish 4.jpg
body

will get a pic up of the entire dish later when my Nexus 4 cooperates again :)

Pic #3 shows a pretty deep gouge. The pressure that it took do do that may be enough to have warped the dish. If it were me I be screaming to the manufacturer and the freight company. Send them lots of pics.

I'm also curious what it cost you delivered and perhaps a link to the product. But with the money you spent you should get a pristine dish with no problems. If it's just cosmetic and they don't want the expense to ship the dish back to them and send you a new one I think I would hollar until I got a very nice discount from them. Actually, I guess the shipper would be the one liable here but you need to get some compensation for the damage IMO.

Thanks everyone, I'll get into more specifics once I receive a response from the manf.

What Brand?

DH
True Focus

In picture three it almost looks like painted over chips near the outer rim, never mind the gouges and scratches. I'd call and try to demand a replacement or a very big discount from the seller first and then the shipper if the seller doesn't come through with anything, hopefully one of them makes good on it. That looks horrible for a new dish. Who shipped it? Hopefully it was in a crate or box so the damage wasn't readily visible when you accepted delivery?

If you paid by credit card, you may have some recourse there, if neither seller nor shipper wants to do anything for you.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)