New Canned Response From INHD

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I sent a message for them a while back about being on Voom, they're original message said, that at this time they are a cable only network although plans for expanded future coverages were not out of the question so to speak.

This I got today from my second request:

"Thank you for your note.

INHD is in discussions with various in home television providers about making INHD and INHD2 available to HD customers. As INHD reaches agreements with particular providers, announcements will be made in the About INHD section of http://www.inhd.com/.

Thanks for your interest in INHD!"

what's new about this? like at one time did they say "hell no" and now they're saying "we're making deals". notice they did not mention anyone specifically, like "yeah we're working with voom on a deal."

That same message has been posted in various forums WORD FOR WORD for the last 6 months.

Sorry my last response from INHD, back in May was "At this time we are cable only"... that was word for word in their canned response. Recent rumors is that exclusive deal InDemand has is ending, DirectTV is already smearing vaseline on hundred dollar bills and leaving them stuck all over their offices..so I think DBS deals are in the making, it wouldn't bother me if D* adds INHD 1/2 as long as V* did as well.

InHD is not that big of a deal (also HDNet). You already have the same type of programming with your Voom exclusives. I have sampled all the HD that I'm aware of thru all the providers that are available to me. Voom has got it all over D*, E* and comcast. There is just no pleasing some people. They just won't be happy until they have another HD channel to surf across and complain about the lack of content.

I find it hilarious that people diss whatever d* and e* are carrying while holding the "21 exclusive channels" ('exclusive' as in 'nobody else wants them') over their heads. Yeah whatever.

barth2k said:
I find it hilarious that people diss whatever d* and e* are carrying while holding the "21 exclusive channels" ('exclusive' as in 'nobody else wants them') over their heads. Yeah whatever.

Re-read the post. I didn't diss the other providers, I just merely stated that IMO Voom is better. As far as the exclusives go, it's the same content provided by HDnet and InHD (i.e, soccer,xtreme sports, concerts, movies and wildlife shows). I know because I've had them and watched them for many months. I find it hilarious that one person can speak for all Voom subscribers and say 'exclusive' as in 'nobody else wants them'. Yeah whatever!!!

r.jones1116 said:
InHD is not that big of a deal (also HDNet). You already have the same type of programming with your Voom exclusives.

Does Voom have then:Higher Definition,Hollywood HD,Hogan's Heroes,HDNet News Special Report,HDNet World Report,Smart Travels,Face 2 Face with Roy Firestone,Nothing But Trailers,College Football- LIVE!,Hotlines,Andy Richter Controls the Universe,Bikini Destinations,NASCAR Grand National Division on HDNet - LIVE!,and a lot of old and not so old shows in HD like Wiseguy and soon Smallville and everyone keeps saying that the Voom Movie channels has the same movies as HD-Movies even if that was true you are forgeting one thing that HD-Net gives us and Voom does not-OAR,which Voom promised.

The 3 MLB games a week on InHD aren't exactly available on VOOM are they?
Of sure, they are starting to tease some viewers with a Marlins game or two these days but it seems no one can figure out what VOOM is offering on a daily basis.
How many posts have we seen like "Should I too be getting the Marlins Game Tonite?" , or "I got the game yesterday, but now my PG has changed and it is no longer available .. What Gives?".
Talk about frustration. How can one live with a provider like that?

FWIW, the very first brochure Voom put out last fall said that INHD was part of one of the plus packs along with Starz HD. They must have thought at the time that INHD would be part of their programming, but that went out the window in a hurry. My opinion is that both INHD and HDNet would be worthwhile additions to Voom, but not a big deal.

bruce said:
Does Voom have then:Higher Definition,Hollywood HD,Hogan's Heroes,HDNet News Special Report,HDNet World Report,Smart Travels,Face 2 Face with Roy Firestone,Nothing But Trailers,College Football- LIVE!,Hotlines,Andy Richter Controls the Universe,Bikini Destinations,NASCAR Grand National Division on HDNet - LIVE!,and a lot of old and not so old shows in HD like Wiseguy and soon Smallville and everyone keeps saying that the Voom Movie channels has the same movies as HD-Movies even if that was true you are forgeting one thing that HD-Net gives us and Voom does not-OAR,which Voom promised.

Again re-read the post 'the same type of programming', I never said the exact same shows, now did I.
Last night I saw a movie on Cinema 10 that was OAR.

txcruiser said:
The 3 MLB games a week on InHD aren't exactly available on VOOM are they?
Of sure, they are starting to tease some viewers with a Marlins game or two these days but it seems no one can figure out what VOOM is offering on a daily basis.
How many posts have we seen like "Should I too be getting the Marlins Game Tonite?" , or "I got the game yesterday, but now my PG has changed and it is no longer available .. What Gives?".
Talk about frustration. How can one live with a provider like that?

txcruiser, Didn't you cancel your service with Voom? If so why the need to keep coming here to diss Voom, If not, then why don't you if they're so bad.
While the Marlin games may be interesting to you and others, they aren't to a lot of other viewers. No provider will be able to show you everything you might think you want to watch.

"Off Topic" posts deleted. You are all welcome to create a thread of HDnet/INHD vs 21 Exclusive channels. This thread is about the the canned response from INHD not about who is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts