Status
Please reply by conversation.

thetractorking

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Beaumont TX
Hi...
I'm new to the forum, although I've been reading it for a couple of months. Now, I've bought a Captiveworks 600 Premium receiver, Stab hh90 motor, Fortec Star 90 cm dish, and an Invacom quad lnbf, and a switch.
Mounted the dish on a big metal satellite stand that came off of the roof of a convenience store (they gave it to me after they had theirs replaced), and I'm sure the center pole is plumb.
Now, I've spent two Saturdays trying to hit any satellite at all, and the best I've been able to do is get about a 75 strength with no quality.
Any suggestions?
Also, I called a local satellite warehouse, and talked with one of the owners, looking for someone with a birddog. (He didn't have one, but had a spectrum analyzer). However, when he asked what kind of equipment I have, he said he wouldn't even waste his time coming out to aim a motorized dish because they're so finnicky, etc, etc.
So, I'm trying to aim this thing myself. I set up a portable desk right by the dish, with the reciever and a small tv hooked up.

Last edited:
Have you tried without the motor first?

Sometimes itsd a good idea to find and store a few satellites with the fixed dish first!

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

No, I didn't try it without the motor. Had to engineer the clamps to fit on the center pole, so it's pretty much on their for good.
My question about the Captiveworks is how you "acquire" and "store" satellites. That receiver seems pretty much automatic to me. I suppose I could take the motor off the setup if I had to, but I don't understand, that if the motor's not moving, wouldn't it act like a fixed installation anyway?

Last edited:
Yes it will act as a fixed dish, but all your angles will have to be right. Remember the dish elevation can be changed but the motor elevation should never be touched.

Let us know where you are and what type of LNBF you have!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts