New CE Edition of DirecTV2PC (pre-beta)

Very strange. I've downloaded the file twice and I can see it downloading but then when I go to unzip it the file isn't in the folder. I downloaded it again and it asked me if I wanted to replace the existing file but when it's finished there is no visible file.

I had to change to administrator to find the file. It loaded up fine and I can run it but when I try to view a show it tells me it can't play it back because I can run screen capture. Not sure what that's all about.

This is my first time playing with DIRECTV2PC, so bear with me on things that are already well-known...
Apple MacBook (2.4 Penryn), Intel GMA X3100 (admittedly weak), Vista. HR21-700 with 0x2B5.
Jason's download link got me a corrupted file on IE7, but Firefox downloaded it okay. SD recordings seem fine, but there is a lot of flickering on HD recordings. I plugged into the wired network and disabled wireless so I don't think it's just bandwidth. Trickplay is unusable even on SD. I frequently get 503 Service Unavailable errors when trying to play recordings, but trying a few times usually gets it to work. Parental Controls is going haywire on unrated recordings. I don't have children and run PC wide open on my DVR.

Had the other working ok, some slowness, and would have to skip back to get the audio to work. Just got the new beta it will not let me activate.
AMD 64x2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.60 GHz Vista in 32 bit On board video

Last edited:
Love this new beta!

My old pc that I use playing wow, I tried the NR version from directv site. Couldnt handle the streaming anything from the HR22.

P4 2.8 1.5 gigs of ram. ATI Radeon 2400HD Pro (AGP 8x)

With the CE release downloaded from this thread HD streams play flawlessly.

Ok I been working all day on this ,

Test Machine
2.8 P4 Northwood 533FSB
1.5 gigs of DDR 400
Sis 650 North/Southbridge
Seagate 320 gig Sata drive
HP 16x Dual Layer DVD+/- RW
Liteon 32x CDRW
Antec 500watt power supply
Video card see below but default is ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro
Windows XP Pro SP2

Ok so since I started playing with this CE build since last I been swaping out Video cards trying to find the lowest common demonator. Before this build HD and SD streams would not stream very well audio sync issues jerky picture and sound it was really strugling . This build comes out and I test it with the above setup and HD programs are running great and audio is in perfect sync. So then decided to see how low of a video card you would need.

All cards listed hear are using there latest drivers Note these are all AGP cards that were installed the the machine above

Cards with not video/audio stutter
ATI Radeon 2400HD Pro
ATI Radeon X600 Pro
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All in Wonder
ATI Radeon 9600 XT ( note XT card ment to be Overclocked )
Nvidia 7300gs
Nvidia 6800gt
Nvidia 6200

Cards that had some stuttering but were still watchable
ATI Radeon 9250
ATI Radeon 9550
Nvidia 5700

Cards that were not even really watchable or just failed
Nvidia Geforce 4
ATI 7500

They were tested all using a recording from 01/02/09 Stargate Atlantis from Scifi HD on a HR22-100

Keep trying, it doesn't always find it on the first few tries.
Don't know why, just the way it is.

Do you want me to RBR it or shut it off??

I'm referring to the program on the computer, I think your saying that the program is not seeing your rec...
Hit the try again on the computer program...
hang on, let me open mine so I can tell you correctly

edit:
I guess I can't tell you exactly anymore, mine seems to load rather quickly now and doesn't have the buttons it use to have on it.
Sorry I couldn't help you more with this ...:eek:

Same old thing for me. I connect to server just fine but get NO RECORDED PROGRAMS. I spent countless hours on the original version troubleshooting. Couldn't make it happen. A few people that had the problem solved it by allowing the connection on the firewall. I tried that, I tried No Firewall, I tried DMZ zone everything and can't get programs to appear.

Brian

Im lost have tryd to uninstall this a few times, that works fine and the program will install ok
however it will not let me activate it.??? Help please.

I am having an issue with this. I keep on trying to activate but, it will not let me. It says to make sure I'm connected to the internet and try again. I am connected but, no go. Any input anyone?

Problem opening file

I keep getting "The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". It downloads fine but gives me the message stated. What can I do to open this file? I tried to extract and it says "There is not a file to extract".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)