New CE Feature Request Idea

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey

I have an idea which is really useful

For example if you think that show will be on for 3 hours..and then you go to set the DVR..
but then u notice that the show which u wanted to see was only 1 hour long..

then you can just delete part of the Recording the rest 2 hours...

saving your favorite show and just deleting the rest..

What does everyone think ? :eureka :up :hungry:

Please DirecTV make this possible

That would be a tough thing to integrate, basically an option to truncate the recording file.

While logistically not too hard, the user interface for something like that would be unusual, and not something I would see the common user using often.

Keep the ideas coming though, they look at everything :)

Let me explain this in more detail

For example you recorded an 30 minute show... But you just wanted to keep the beginning 10 minutes and the end 10 minutes of the show and just delete the middle 10 minute part..

I hope i explained it clearly..

I would like the ability to customize the UI to fit the way I want it to look and put things I want to access in different ways, kind of like the way Windows or even a Pronto remote would be, but on screen.

Would love to see the color buttons be user programmable ie..

- 4 Favorite Channels
- 4 Favorite lists for the family

A User set-up "Mix" Channel

Obviously these ideas would be advanced and would probally require PC input via USB or network.

I would like the ability to customize the UI to fit the way I want it to look and put things I want to access in different ways, kind of like the way Windows or even a Pronto remote would be, but on screen.

- 4 Favorite Channels

Obviously these ideas would be advanced and would probally require PC input via USB or network.

I like that idea.

I would really like to see some channel logos in the guide...other than that I like the way everything works except its kinda slow...ie "my playlist"

I would really like to see some channel logos in the guide...other than that I like the way everything works except its kinda slow...ie "my playlist"
My old Hughes SD receiver had that option... It was easy to spot what you wanted...and also had Turbo Tune... a block of 9 most watched channels you could access quickly...

Sat and transponder info

Would like to have access to this info...if you're on a channel by pressing info 2x, or some other way to display the satellite and transponder location of the channel.

Also like the channel logo ID idea appearing in the guide.

New feature

Back when I was using standalone Tivo devices and standard def, I could record a show upstairs and watch it later in the basement. It transferred over my local network. Is this going to be available soon?

- 4 Favorite Channels

Now thats a great idea, I love it!

Hope you see this Directv! Your great.

- 4 Favorite Channels

yes and the guide or UI needs to be in high def! Take advantage of the graphics D!

That belongs to Ergen.. :D with his fish channel hd j/k

this is true. the new 722S that has another name now has a guide in HD with all the logos and the UI is also in hd. Plus you can record 4 things at the same time. see that D? Do it!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts