New CE Feature Request Idea

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! give us more record timers should be the NUMBER 1 thing to add. Even if its just 60-75 it would help greatly. Every time I see a new show to record I have to sit and figure out what show to delete and remember to watch to see when the season starts so I do not miss it. My neighbor just laughs when he is over at my house and I have to delete something to add to the Prioritizer. He has a DN of course salt in the wound any time he can get a chance to rub on it.

I just want something that seems like it would be very simple. I want the Prioritizer to be larger, 50 just doesn't cut it! Every time a new television season starts I have to delete a bunch of stuff to make room. Then when the old series comes back on I end-up missing some. That has happened to me with this fall season and I am still bitter, but then, I'm always bitter.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! give us more record timers should be the NUMBER 1 thing to add. Even if its just 60-75 it would help greatly. Every time I see a new show to record I have to sit and figure out what show to delete and remember to watch to see when the season starts so I do not miss it. My neighbor just laughs when he is over at my house and I have to delete something to add to the Prioritizer. He has a DN of course salt in the wound any time he can get a chance to rub on it.

I just laugh when people say they need more than 50 of ANYTHING when it comes to recording.
IF you recording 50 + programs a week, when do you find time to watch them ?

Jimbo, just because you have 50 shows in the prioritizer doesn't mean that it will be recording 50. Some shows have one or two short season a year and you want to leave it in so you won't miss it when it starts again. There are a lot of wierd little series that I like to catch but they don't get much advertising so I have trouble catching them the next time they are on, especially when it's on a channel that I don't watch very often. There are some things that I want to record but I many not even watch, but just in case I would like to I have them.
Some of us need to have plenty to watch so that we can forget about our crappy lives. If I didn't have all this TV too watch I would have been divorced many years ago.
And besides that, do you think it would be very difficult for them to change the constant in the code that defineds the size of the list, I think not.

DirecTV reads every post in the CE area.

Please remember though, they have an agenda of what they want to accomplish.

Some of the things mentioned here are unlikely to happen, while others are very likely future improvements. DirecTV is very care to "hold the cards close to the vest". For competitive reasons, I doubt we will ever see their agenda until a feature actually shows in a CE release.

Not to rain on the parade, just set some expectations, as we have many new-comers to the CE program :)

Which - this has been a common request (prioritizer more than 50), but has not been worked on yet. I think this could be a "likely future improvement". That said, there is no timeline, if it ever happens.

I wish there was a second option for the replay button for more than 5 seconds. like 10 ,15 or 30.

Jimbo, just because you have 50 shows in the prioritizer doesn't mean that it will be recording 50. Some shows have one or two short season a year and you want to leave it in so you won't miss it when it starts again. There are a lot of wierd little series that I like to catch but they don't get much advertising so I have trouble catching them the next time they are on, especially when it's on a channel that I don't watch very often. There are some things that I want to record but I many not even watch, but just in case I would like to I have them.
Some of us need to have plenty to watch so that we can forget about our crappy lives. If I didn't have all this TV too watch I would have been divorced many years ago.
And besides that, do you think it would be very difficult for them to change the constant in the code that defineds the size of the list, I think not.

Which1,
Welcome to the site :)

I really am on this site more than I watch TV anymore, I have about maybe 10 things in my To Do list...
I really should get off the computer and watch TV more often !

Jimbo

Not going to happen but... ;)dvarchive

Attachments

• dvarchive.JPG
    dvarchive.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 151
I wished Replay was still around :( that was the best DVR period. The commercial skip was the best I could hit play and sit the remote down and not touch it till the end of a show. Back in the day dvarchive and replay was the best combination of dvr and computer interaction that we will never see again.

Not going to happen but... ;)dvarchive

I wished Replay was still around :( that was the best DVR period. The commercial skip was the best I could hit play and sit the remote down and not touch it till the end of a show. Back in the day dvarchive and replay was the best combination of dvr and computer interaction that we will never see again.
Don't be so sure about that ...
D* recently bought up Replay, so there may be Replay integrated into D*'s dvrs in the next generation :)

Jimbo

Progress - Satellite / Transponder

Noticed that 306 and 306-1 is now displaying sat D11. No transponder designation, but at least they're showing the satellite.

I miss my ReplayTV as well. Remember that they lost a court case that forced them to remove the commercial skip feature after the 50x0 models, which ultimately helped drive them underground.

D* may have the money to overturn the decision. Stupid marketing people demanding we watch their overly loud commercials.

with the national roll out yesterday of 290, could we expect something really different this week for the ce? shouldn't we begin a new ce cycle?

with the national roll out yesterday of 290, could we expect something really different this week for the ce? shouldn't we begin a new ce cycle?
That's what normally happens, hopefully they'll have some really good stuff in it for us to play with after the past 24 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts