New CE Feature Request Idea

Before adding any NEW features, how about fixing the remote sluggishness.
It's getting worse with the last few CE's, but without the CE's I don't think it makes much difference.
I'm talking about the time it takes to push a channel number and the box responding.
Of late you can barley push a 3 digit number without it getting it wrong.
Way worse than it has been in the past.

Jimbo

It's getting worse with the last few CE's, but without the CE's I don't think it makes much difference.
I'm talking about the time it takes to push a channel number and the box responding.

Jimbo

I completely agree. It's getting to the point that I'm so pissed off, I just start to laugh... think that's a sign of going crazy!? At least 75% of my button pushes are lost. This NEEDS to be fixed and a CE should be dedicated to just this.

Jimbo

I completely agree. It's getting to the point that I'm so pissed off, I just start to laugh... think that's a sign of going crazy!? At least 75% of my button pushes are lost. This NEEDS to be fixed and a CE should be dedicated to just this.

Agreed.:up:up:up

Jimbo

:up

Time to step to the plate D*. When I punch record on my Hr20 and both tuners are in conflict automatically examine my HR21 in another room and give me the option to record it there! Dont make me grab my laptop and do it or walk to the other room! While you are at it give me to do list control and prioritizer too.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else here has this problem, but I was upgraded to a R22 this weekend because of the 72.5 move and now my locals have bars one the top and some time on the side too. Not the normal black bars but they are light grey. Because the R22 is not an HD box it cannot format the picture to fit the screen. It only does this on my locals because I am using the HD local feed. They din't have a SD feed now because of eliminating the 72.5 dish. I have it hooked up to a 25" RCA TV and it doesn't format either cause it's a regular TV. If they can't activate the format button, I wish they could at least give us the option to change the gray bar to black. I would rather them allow the box to format the picture. It really makes the picture way too small to view and enjoy.

I don't know if anyone else here has this problem, but I was upgraded to a R22 this weekend because of the 72.5 move and now my locals have bars one the top and some time on the side too. Not the normal black bars but they are light grey. Because the R22 is not an HD box it cannot format the picture to fit the screen. It only does this on my locals because I am using the HD local feed. They din't have a SD feed now because of eliminating the 72.5 dish. I have it hooked up to a 25" RCA TV and it doesn't format either cause it's a regular TV. If they can't activate the format button, I wish they could at least give us the option to change the gray bar to black. I would rather them allow the box to format the picture. It really makes the picture way too small to view and enjoy.

There is no option for the bar color on that rec. ???
I know the HR's do, but don't know about the R series.

There is no option for the bar color on that rec. ???
I know the HR's do, but don't know about the R series.

Not that I can find. That option is usually in the HDTV setup scrren, but the only thing you can do in the screen is set your tv to 4:3 or widescreen. I set it to widescreen and it gets rid of the bars on the locals, but then it puts them on the rest of the channels. It also make everyone look really skinny.

Good idea with how many times companies feel the need to add that extra minute and mess up future recordings.

Actually, the D* rec's already do that, it was implemented awhile back.

Also, if you look , some shows are actually running till 1 minute over, but it's in the guide that way so the rec. knows to record accordingly.

Actually, the D* rec's already do that, it was implemented awhile back.

Also, if you look , some shows are actually running till 1 minute over, but it's in the guide that way so the rec. knows to record accordingly.

Yes, the guide has been doing this for years now. If you watch The Office or 30 Rock or Lost, you will see about 1-2 mins extra per episode. If you don't trust the guide data, you can auto-set your season pass to add extra time to your recordings. Season pass... I miss TiVo... sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)