New CE Feature Request Idea

I second the Autotune feature. Lots of times I'm waiting for a program to start in a few minutes, so I flip channels then miss the start of the program I was waiting for. I know I know, I could record it, but autotune would just be easier.

And I second the programable color buttons. I'd love to program one to be the prevous channels list.

I also second making both internal/external drives active. The next best thing would be to copy the stuff stored on the internal drive onto the external drive so it's not lost. Or make the external drive hot plugable. Maybe future recievers could have a hot swapable drive bay built in.

As well as being able to plug an external drive into a new reciever and not loose everything.

Pick a scheme and stick with it. I like the look of the "piano gloss black" hr21, but it shows every spec of dust. Then I get an h23 and it's matte finish. Much better (Stick with that) So I order an am21 to get locals on the h23. It's piano gloss black. Minor stuff, but the mismatched look makes it seem like I picked it up at a garage sale or something.

And everyones final complaint - speed. Make EVERYTHING faster. ;) Changing channels seems to take a lifetime, bring up the guide - same thing. The h21 is much better at it.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Hello D*,

Suggestion time:

How about adding addressable folders to the DVR's.

So you can make folders for Me and one for the Wife and one for the kids, with names ....
That way thier shows can go into thier appropriate folders.
One maybe Other for items that you don't want the kids to see.

This way when you open up the List, you see the folder name, or the show and have the ability to move the show into a particular folder.

Just a thought, this way the kids don't see titles that are not appropriate for them to see.

Jimbo
YES!!!!:up This would be a great feature! Also i would really like it if only the channels i pay for were in my guide. In other words if you have family pack then you only see those channels if you upgrade your channels new ones are shown!:up

Good idea :up
How about also have an option to block access to either Client or Server
for example Kids dont accidently cant delete recordings or dont want anyone else to view the recordings :D

I agree it should be controlable and definable. I have kid setups and I dont want them deleting the "parent" shows.

why is that the DVR cant record 4 shows at once ?
come on now directv enable it allready

the HR20-700 has two satellite tuners and two OTA tuners.. so why cant it record 4 streams at once ? or at least 3 streams at once

Hardware might not be powerful enough. Plus, there is no motivation to do that feature. The new units are not including OTA tuners so you can see where Directv's priority lies.

Good ideas all. What I'd like to see is a better directv.com website. Specifically, I'd like to be able to EASILY find and set some/all NASCAR races to record, whether they've been added to the program log or not.

I'd like to do the same with baseball games, football games, etc, regardless of what network is broadcasting. It's the shows I care about, not the network that's broadcasting them.

why is that the DVR cant record 4 shows at once ?
come on now directv enable it allready

the HR20-700 has two satellite tuners and two OTA tuners.. so why cant it record 4 streams at once ? or at least 3 streams at once

The original manual for the HR20 indicated it could do 3 at once (future upgrade refering to the activation of OTA). That was scrapped as the hardware wasn't able to handle it, or at least that is what we were told in the early CE days (early 2007). Hardware as in processing capabilities in the receiver.

Since I like to backup what I say, I dug out my old HR20 manual from mid-2006 today. See the last line of the second section.
This is page 2 in the original print of the DirecTV Plus HD DVR manual.

At later points in the manual it always says record two things at once.
They could say it was a misprint.

But at one point, three things at once was in print - and more likely to be read on page 2 than any other point of reference would be later in the book ;)

Attachments

• hr20pg2.jpg
    hr20pg2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 127

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)