New CE Feature Request Idea

Thought of another usability thing that I'd like to see. When I tag a movie to record, it'd be nice to be notified that I've already tagged it before, or actually recorded it. I noticed last night I had the same movie tagged to record at two different times days apart. If we can't get that, maybe a way to toggle into the todo list from the search screen. Also, a way to back out of the search screen, instead of existing. Pain if you want to go check the todo list before recording.

And now another nitpicking one, like the piano gloss black VS. matte black, why does the grid sort itself in reverse order? IE I hit up on volume, it goes up. I hit up on channels, channl goes up. When I'm in the gride guide, I hit up and the channels go down. Just seems inconsistant to me.

Again, thanks for listening...

L.G.M.

Before any enhancements, I would like to see a major performance update. Mostly fixing the dropped remote button presses and navigation speed. It can take up to 10 seconds before my recordings show after I hit 'List' on the remote. Or even switching between stations, 5-10 seconds is way too long. Also faster menu (Guide, List, ect) scrolling.

if you hit the yellow button and select previous channels it shows you a few of them already

edit recordings could be done the same way you bookmark spots you pause at the section you want then hit green but they could let you mark 2 spots then hit red to delete dont think that would be 2 hard it would be great to actually cut the commercilas on a concert :D

I'd like the all of the above option.

Press red and you access your favorite channels, by pressing one of the four colors after pressing red, it then tunes to one of the 4 programmable channels.

Press Blue and it toggles them over to the favorite lists selector, press one of the colors after pressing blue, and it enables that list.

Another could be for most recent channels viewed... hit yellow, a 4-option list appears on the screen indicating the last channels you viewed and pressing the corresponding color tunes to that channel. Would make surfing Sunday Ticket games pretty sweet outside of navigating the menus or remembering the channel numbers (kind of like what happens when you hit yellow now)

I agree with one of the first posts about performance though. I'm used to my HR21 now, but when I first got it, and leaving a TiVo, it took a lot to get used to pressing a button and waiting for things to happen. TiVo isn't perfect in this regard either, just a ton better in most situations.

I like the truncated recording idea... but to implement it best I think it'd have to come back down to performance. It could store all recordings as x minute segments, and you could choose to delete segments to accomplish the general idea that's been proposed. The problem with implementing it that way is the performance has to be there for the DVR to seamlessly string all these segments together when someone is viewing, rewinding, skipping/sliding, fast forwarding through a program.

a lot of times they arnt recording like i set fringe its off right now but i dont want to remove it because i dont want to have to remmeber to set it again thats the thing about seasons

I just laugh when people say they need more than 50 of ANYTHING when it comes to recording.
IF you recording 50 + programs a week, when do you find time to watch them ?

Not sure if this has been listed yet, I would like to see options for resize of the screen for overscan. I still use a crt rp. It still has a great picture but I do notice some overscan from time to time. I would like to be able to adjust this with my hd dvr, not in my tv service menu.

Not sure if this has been listed yet, I would like to see options for resize of the screen for overscan. I still use a crt rp. It still has a great picture but I do notice some overscan from time to time. I would like to be able to adjust this with my hd dvr, not in my tv service menu.

+1

I said that once and got all kinds of shot down.

an autotune and autoreminder feature for events we don't wish to record. we have the autotune for receivers. why not for the DVR's??????

When i had cable on the guide it would define the different channels with one in green as sports, movies were in a red like color and regular shows/series were in normal blue. LIKE THIS

comcast-guide.jpg

Will this be something DTV will do in the sometime near future?

ALSO I too would love to see an auto reminder/ auto tune.

Last edited:
When i had cable on the guide it would define the different channels with one in green as sports, movies were in a red like color and regular shows/series were in normal blue. LIKE THIS

comcast-guide.jpg

Directv had this feature on the old hughes receivers a long time ago I think. This would be a GREAT addition.

comcast-guide.jpg

Comcast sucks...

+1

I said that once and got all kinds of shot down.

+2

ESPN is the worse at overscanning.

MRV with download instead of streaming. Many people can't run cat5/6 around the house and wireless sucks, specially in a condo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)