New CE Feature: Welcome To Widgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
An early request from DirecTV:

Please login to this link:
Widget Trials: Landing
using the login you created when completing your application for Widgets.

Please report how long it takes you to have the widgets screen come up after you hit the right arrow.
For example, I hit right button, it takes about 2 seconds to bring up the right widget bar on my screen.

Thanks in advance to all that can report this :)

If you have Vista or a Mac, you can use widgets on a sidebar of the desktop. There are hundreds of types to choose from (RSS readers, Stock tickers, CPU meters, Moon Phase display, etc). They are just little background running programs that are easy to access from the desktop and show a current running supply of information.

I would imagine that a base D* widget would be some sort of semi-transparent "Space Available" or "Time Remaining" meter that would simply display over the current programming without having to go into MENU, LIST, GUIDE, etc. Something non-obtrusive like the blue button "quick guide".

Thanks for the info atp1313 !

Jimbo

Yes. It is a hardwire connection. VOD works.

firmware 0x245.

When I push the right arrow key the drv makes that sound it makes when something is not available. Not sure how to describe it lol.
I retested my network connection, all is ok.

Harold,
fwiw, if you want to turn off that annoying noise, you can ....
Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Audio > Sound Effects - OFF

Jimbo

Tonight's CE may activate Widgets on any HR20/HR21.

Some widgets will be for everyone, some for small test groups.
Let us know what you find :)

Just checked mine after the download and still get "coming soon".

Hopefully some others get it today.

I was not selected either, however, I have last nights CE and I can't see a thing? I'm supposed to see something, right?

Also, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but i accidentally put my access card number in instead of the RID when I signed up. The weird thing is that it accepted it and won't let me change it.

Any ideas?

An option to verify your receiver number has been added to the edgecutter screen after login. There are multiple people that gave access card numbers by mistake, please login and double check that your receiver number with no spaces is correct.

Widget Trials: Landing

Please, only 1 receiver / account at this time.

Even those not selected for the trial will see some widgets when it is activated. The test group will be testing certain widgets and functionality. If you see the coming soon bar, you are set.....stay tuned!

There will be some available to everyone as far as I know.

Very odd, I have this past weekends CE, a functional network connection (I get VOD), and an HR21-200, and I still can't get the "coming soon" bar by pressing the right arrow. When I press it nothing happens. Maybe I'll try a reboot when I'm not recording.....

Very odd, I have this past weekends CE, a functional network connection (I get VOD), and an HR21-200, and I still can't get the "coming soon" bar by pressing the right arrow. When I press it nothing happens. Maybe I'll try a reboot when I'm not recording.....

Did you do the pokeyenow keyword search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts