New channel and HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
ch 603 Cowboy Channel (SD only) is now in test. No word on a date to go live.

all of the following are rumored to be going HD on/around 12-27...
ch 214 MavTV
ch 273 Pop
ch 326 GAC
ch 328 TV One

It doesn't have movies if that's what you're all hoping for. Or very few... it's mainly rodeos, etc... a few Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers shows thrown in as well.

Cowboy Channel used to be FamilyNet up until this summer, it's owned by the same group that owns RFD. I have the channel in HD on Spectrum and it's nothing like Encore Westerns. Cowboy Channel is about 80% rodeo related programming with some horse riding programming and a few low budget travel shows mixed in. With its new format (compared to what FamiyNet was), it's actually a great companion channel to RFD TV.

Reactions: leo250
ch 603 Cowboy Channel (SD only) is now in test. No word on a date to go live.

all of the following are rumored to be going HD on/around 12-27...
ch 214 MavTV
ch 273 Pop
ch 326 GAC
ch 328 TV One
I know few people that are interested in the Cowboy channel but they wonder why they just didn’t put it up in HD and other people interested in the others going in HD

There are two free subchannels called Get TV and Grit you might like. You have to use an OTA antenna for reception.
Too bad I don't get those in my direct OTA market (Rochester, MN). There's a nearby market (Twin Cities, MN) that has them, but they don't always come in.

Never heard of this channel before. Internet page shows it to be mostly rodeos and shows about horses and cows. Random grade Z western reruns now and then.

Too bad I don't get those in my direct OTA market (Rochester, MN). There's a nearby market (Twin Cities, MN) that has them, but they don't always come in.
Get them both here in the LA market ...

As two OTA sub-channels 46-2/-4, of local Spanish station KFTR 46 (Telefutura).

But Grit TV is the main one for old westerns ...

I guess I'm going to have to try a reset. The only way I can get GAC to tune the HD version is to enter the channel number directly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)