Toon Disney HD
Comcast Sports Network New England HD
Travel Channel HD
USA HD
CNBC HD
Weather Channel HD
CNN HD
World Fishing Network HD

Of these channels, there are a few that I am unfamiliar with, personally.

MGM being one of them. Is MGM a commercial free, unedited channel? Can anyone tell us about it?

Hallmark? ABC Family? Tennis channel?

IS Weather Channel a SD port in HD? Or is it exclusive content?

What ones of these channels have their own content, if any?

What's worth watching on them?

Last edited:
I'm wondering what package MGM HD will get added to. Right now I have the lowest america's top 100 (or whatever it is called now) plus the HD Essential pack. I get HD Net, but not HDNET movies.

Of course this is probably all cosmetic, I'm planning on switching over to the HD pack only soon.

As soon as Dish really adds these, I am switching to the hd ONLY pack!( +locals,HBO, STARZ, and the $.o1 Cinemax, which I already get. ) How much is this going to cost me with my 722DVR?

I am super psyched to be getting 2 new Cinemax HDs. What a total treat.
Travel HD too is one I will love. It's nice that these which were totally unexpected are now launching. Tennis, Fishing, Hallmark....I don't think I've ever given the SD versions 1 minute, so I can't say these will impact me any.
It's a shame to get these, and not FX-HD. With FX and Spike being 2 I would love added, I would assume we will see them soon. It's killing me that I can't watch the Star Wars on Spike in HD. Although I have them dvr'ed from hbo in hd, i like to put them on when on channels like that as time killers when playing on the pc or something :).

Oh yeah, last night on TBS HD, forrest gump was on in HD. It was Puuuuuurty!
Between that and the Indiana Jones on USAHD this weekend, things are definitely getting great in the HD World! What can I say, I'm glad I held on to Dish as I really like being with them and now I get some satisfaction. I'm one Happy Dish Net Camper now!

Very impressive! If you look objectively at the list of new HD channels you realize that there is something for almost every taste. I realize that many of us will seldom(If ever) watch all of these new channels, but I like that they have added a variety of new channels(Movies, sports news, business news, weather, cartoons & children's, etc.). I'm glad I stayed with Dish, what a great value the DishHD package has become.....now if they can figure out a way to allow that package to buy the RSN and sports package!

MGM HD is an AWESOME channel, better than HDNMV IMO. I saw it on DirecTV a few months ago...They have movies in pure HD that you won't see anywhere else. The best part (at least when I last saw it), it is commercial free.

I'll be curious to see if the people that subscribe to HD Essential at $10 will even get MGM HD. This applies to Smithsonian and World Fishing Network too...

I get the HD Ultimate pack at $20, so I'm covered either way. Just wondering is all...

I'll be curious to see if the people that subscribe to HD Essential at $10 will even get MGM HD. This applies to Smithsonian and World Fishing Network too...

I get the HD Ultimate pack at $20, so I'm covered either way. Just wondering is all...

I was just on MGM's website and looked at their schedule. :eek:

If you love classic movies in HD, this is nirvana.

I have the $29.99 Dish HD package (stand alone). Will I be getting these channels (other than the Cinemax I suppose). Actually I also have Cinemax for a penny for a year deal. So, I should see those also.

TWC is an SD/HD mix. Content mirrors the SD channel. Some specials in HD. They did not have HD studio, but they may change soon.

Tennis broadcast most live events in HD and they look and sound awesome.

ABCFamily and Hallmark are SD mirrors. Some stretch-o-vision and a little HD.

Smithsonian is an HD only channel. It's content is comparable to VOOM Gallery, Treasure and Equator.

I have the $29.99 Dish HD package (stand alone). Will I be getting these channels (other than the Cinemax I suppose). Actually I also have Cinemax for a penny for a year deal. So, I should see those also.

YES, except for paid rsns and movie channels, I just got the stand alone package and confirmed this with Dish this morning, all nationals will be including, its really nicec cuz you don't have to worry about payin a high priced package like AT250 to get certain Hd channels, with the stand alone you get them anyway!

Anyone know if MGM is unedited? (R is R, PG13 is PG13) And without commercials?

Last time I saw it, yes. It could have pulled a Universal HD, but I doubt it. It IS advertiser-supported, but I think they structure their movie time slots to accommodate about 15-20 minutes of commercials in between.

TWC is an SD/HD mix. Content mirrors the SD channel. Some specials in HD. They did not have HD studio, but they may change soon.

Tennis broadcast most live events in HD and they look and sound awesome.

ABCFamily and Hallmark are SD mirrors. Some stretch-o-vision and a little HD.

Smithsonian is an HD only channel. It's content is comparable to VOOM Gallery, Treasure and Equator.
if i remember correctly the weather channel's new hd studio will be up and running sometime in june. regards

Don't expect anything on CSN New England until next NBA preseason, Dish usually doesn't do pre/post game shows on game only RSNs and now all Celtics playoffs games are on national TV (ESPN/TNT/ABC)

They used to have New England Revolution soccer games, but TV38 got the rights I think a couple seasons ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)