New Channel In KC?

EXCLUSIVE! Sinclair to Sell 6-10 Stations to Fox Television
Yes, but who would buy it? Maybe it would go O&O? Kansas City is a pretty large market?

Nexstar, Meredith, or Fox TV Stations Inc......or the 3 possibilities. If Nexstar buys it just saying they would drop the TBD and possibly put GetTV on WDAF. Cant put its other networks it has deals with because they're all on KMCI/KSHB (Laff, Cozi, Bounce, Escape, Grit) Ever notice that Scripps, Cox, Nexstar, and Meredith all have the majority of the same subnets...

I agree. WDAF already has 3 subnets. Adding another would degrade picture quality on FOX 4.

KSMO's only subnet was Mundo Fox, until it went dark. If "Charge" is coming to this market, my money is on KSMO as it has zero subnets currently. KCTV is obsessive about CBS picture quality and they already have Comet as their only subnet.
That would be perfect. As a matter of fact I see Charge! on the Meredith 62 MNTV in the future....

Still could and if Comet TV KCTV5 can add like GETTV or Luken Networks.
None of the major media groups (Meredith, Hearst Corporation) will add the luken networks. That you can forget. Now GetTV could go on WDAF if Sinclair sells it to Nexstar (Meredith No you have two Meredith Stations already) and drops TBD (The Boring Network) for Get. Nexstar has a big contract with Sony.....

None of the major media groups (Meredith, Hearst Corporation) will add the luken networks. That you can forget. Now GetTV could go on WDAF if Sinclair sells it to Nexstar (Meredith No you have two Meredith Stations already) and drops TBD (The Boring Network) for Get. Nexstar has a big contract with Sony.....

We already have GetTV. It's on KAJF 21.2

not missing anything with that channel
You got stuck with it too......Poor KTUL I bet the employees there are saying where the heck they come up with this #### of a network.....I see your cox and Scripps Howard owned channels have a variety of subnets worth watching (between KJRH, KOKY and KMYT). I mean Sinclair could have launched Charge on KTUL instead of TBD (To Be DUMB).

Off the subject....Do you think Griffin will sell the CW 19 since its a subnet of KOTV 6? Just Asking....

Hi guys, I went home for lunch today and one of my TV'S automatically loads new digital channels and today it had WDAF 4.4 as a live signal. I scanned it in all 3 of my TV's, it is there, but says no audio of video.

Anyone else in the Kansas City area getting anything? Does anyone know if we are getting a new channel because of the repack? If so what channel do you think it would be?
The worst diginet around TBD

Light TV KSMOTV. Telemundo and Azteca America are other Sub Channels on Scripps stations but not KC yet and Newsy in the future. KJAF,KCMN,KQML,KCKS are low power stations and besides Luken Stations. Also have like Justice Network that some Hearst and Tribune stations have, Buzzrtv,Accuweather that use to be on KCWE,Weathernation,H and Icons that's on some Hearst stations have,Cheddar,SBN that you can get on most Cable providers National Feed,Stadium,Decades,Tuff TV,GETTV and so on. Other Hearst has Estella TV to. KOIB is another but nothing yet. Others not on KC area yet My Family Network,Festiva,Quest and so on

WDAF isn't one of the ones that's going need to be sold meaning no douply because it's the only of the 4 Major Networks in KC area that doesn't have another channel to show Newscast,other airings of like Rachel Ray meaning repeat of 11am airing,other Syndicated programming and those need to be sold. But if had a second channel could move TBD to it and put all other Sinclair Sub Channels on it to and keep existing ones on WDAF and add Justice Network on 4.4.

You got stuck with it too......Poor KTUL I bet the employees there are saying where the heck they come up with this #### of a network.....I see your cox and Scripps Howard owned channels have a variety of subnets worth watching (between KJRH, KOKY and KMYT). I mean Sinclair could have launched Charge on KTUL instead of TBD (To Be DUMB).

Off the subject....Do you think Griffin will sell the CW 19 since its a subnet of KOTV 6? Just Asking....

No. KQCW has its own channel and HD feed. The subchannel feed on KOTV is for Kansas and northern OKlahoma counties along OK/Kansas border that can’t receive the regular KQCW feed as it broadcasts from a tower further south than KOTV.

I think Griffin will use one of the stations for ATSC 3.0 and the other to lighthouse the ATSC 1.0 signals. That gives them space to lease some bandwidth to other local stations in the transition too.

Cox station in Orlando WFTV and it's sister channel Grit is one of it's Sub channels. KPXE buys it and in place of Paid Programming WDAF puts Newscast or so on Sydnicated programming and get replace HSN and QVC with Charge and Stadium.

No. KQCW has its own channel and HD feed. The subchannel feed on KOTV is for Kansas and northern OKlahoma counties along OK/Kansas border that can’t receive the regular KQCW feed as it broadcasts from a tower further south than KOTV.

I think Griffin will use one of the stations for ATSC 3.0 and the other to lighthouse the ATSC 1.0 signals. That gives them space to lease some bandwidth to other local stations in the transition too.
I see where you coming from on the KQCW station.

Cox station in Orlando WFTV and it's sister channel Grit is one of it's Sub channels. KPXE buys it and in place of Paid Programming WDAF puts Newscast or so on Sydnicated programming and get replace HSN and QVC with Charge and Stadium.
I feel like I just ran off the road with all this ice and snow in Cajun country reading this post. But go ahead write on young man it's 2018...

Light TV KSMOTV. Telemundo and Azteca America are other Sub Channels on Scripps stations but not KC yet and Newsy in the future. KJAF,KCMN,KQML,KCKS are low power stations and besides Luken Stations. Also have like Justice Network that some Hearst and Tribune stations have, Buzzrtv,Accuweather that use to be on KCWE,Weathernation,H and Icons that's on some Hearst stations have,Cheddar,SBN that you can get on most Cable providers National Feed,Stadium,Decades,Tuff TV,GETTV and so on. Other Hearst has Estella TV to. KOIB is another but nothing yet. Others not on KC area yet My Family Network,Festiva,Quest and so on

WDAF isn't one of the ones that's going need to be sold meaning no douply because it's the only of the 4 Major Networks in KC area that doesn't have another channel to show Newscast,other airings of like Rachel Ray meaning repeat of 11am airing,other Syndicated programming and those need to be sold. But if had a second channel could move TBD to it and put all other Sinclair Sub Channels on it to and keep existing ones on WDAF and add Justice Network on 4.4.
I think if Iceburg was still around you would have gave him a heart attack on this one lol...here is what I believe will happen, and I could be wrong, Charge will be on one of the Meredith Stations. Sinclair will not move TBD off WDAF-DT4 and surely won't drop Antenna and This as it gets those two also. Light TV going to KSMO, maybe. Then Tegna's new quest network could move onto the old mundofox slot too.

I never said they would drop them and said if KPXE buys WDAF would get rid of HSN and QVC for those 2 and FOX4KC would stay as it's own channel and keep it's Sub Channels.
Quest doesn't have a deal with any other Cable groups yet. Maybe Hearst or so on in KC area doesn't want to add other Sub Channels intill they get insurance that it will get on all Cable Systems right away in area. Action TV/My Family Network KCKS but hopefully on a full power station.

I never said they would drop them and said if KPXE buys WDAF would get rid of HSN and QVC for those 2 and FOX4KC would stay as it's own channel and keep it's Sub Channels.
Quest doesn't have a deal with any other Cable groups yet. Maybe Hearst or so on in KC area doesn't want to add other Sub Channels intill they get insurance that it will get on all Cable Systems right away in area. Action TV/My Family Network KCKS but hopefully on a full power station.
Quest launches tomorrow or the end of the month OTA then they'll decide when to launch it on the cable networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)