New Channel On DISH!!! 192 ID!

How many names has that channel been, it was Discovery Civilazation, then Discovery Times and Now Investigations Discovery.

Well... Discovery Civilization also absorbed Discover People which was purchased from CBS in the form of "CBS Eye on People". That channel was a rebirth of the failed "CBS Cable" from the 80's. :)

So how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

See ya
Tony

How many names has that channel been, it was Discovery Civilazation, then Discovery Times and Now Investigations Discovery.

Just give me a 24/7 channel filled with How Its Made, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs and I will be happy. :D

Throw in American Chopper, and you can ax TLC too! :up

New SD channels are like sleeping with a fat chick. Ya you're getting some, but in the end you just cant bare to watch.

Though rude, distasteful, and offensive, that's one of the funniest things I've read in awhile! :D Oh, and I agree. I'll confess I've become an HD snob, and though I don't want to give up the SD channels (at least not until USA and BBC America are HD), it's really tough to watch them.

No matter what they try to do with this pig they cannot think of a good name for it.

How awkward is Investigations Discovery to say?

Surely they could have hired a better agency to make up a name.

It is "Investigation Discovery" and the logo is ID, which is very genius since ID and investigations and detectives go well with ID, identifying evidence.

You don't say "Investigations Discovery," rather, you say "Investigation Discovery." That "s" makes a huge difference on how it sounds.

It is a great channel now. I used to watch Discovery Civilization when it was branded that way and then hated the New York Times "Times Discovery" brand. They did a good job branding it this way and the shows are great. Glad I stumbled across it in the digital tier. It has been a while since I tuned to that station.

I used to watch Discovery Civilization when it was branded that way and then hated the New York Times "Times Discovery" brand. They did a good job branding it this way and the shows are great. Glad I stumbled across it in the digital tier. It has been a while since I tuned to that station.

It was "Discovery Times" - not "Times Discovery."

Anyhow - back when it was CBS Eye on People, I watched it all the time and thought it was one of the more interesting channels on digital cable. Then when it became Discovery People, I watched it a little bit less. When it became Discovery Civilization, it seemed to get rather boring. Not much to watch. Eventually it became Discovery Times, I watched it even less. But occasionally, there would be a run of interesting programming for a week or a month at a time.
Now, I can't find one single thing on "Investigation Discovery" to watch. It looks like they combined the least interesting parts of MSNBC, Sleuth, and Ion Television.

Just give me a 24/7 channel filled with How Its Made, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs and I will be happy. :D

Somewhat off topic but at least Discovery networks finally saw the light, and responded to the complaints about all their big ugly solid color channel logos they were using. I know I e-mailed them several times about it. Thanks from me and my plasma!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)