Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Please consider this a Rumor.

But I have on good authority that VOOM will add the following channels on August 1st.

Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports HD - Channel 351

Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341

USA Network will launch on Voom by August 3rd (No channel number given)

Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.

Please don't shoot the messenger is this does not come true, however this information comes to me from various sources and the information matches so I felt it was worth reporting. :)

How about the SciFi Network?? Isn't USA and SciFi owned by the same people? Maybe with one, the other will follow??

If they'd just add Comcast Sports Chicago HD this fall I'd be in heaven.

I would like any sports feeds possible. Any news about other regional fox sports networks? (Bay Area perhaps?) It will be nice for college sports but I got rid of the sports package on Directv because all the pro sports were blacked out anyway and I got Fox Sportsworld on Voom, plus FSN Bay area came with my area package.

Is there a transponder map for Voom? They sure have a lot of channels with only 11 (or is it 13) transponders.

SCI FI will not be added at this time...

I don't know why...

Maybe they are holding out for the second Dish so people will want to get the upgrade. :D

((Wow, so what does that mean for viewers not in the Ohio or Florida areas? Are we blacked out from this programming?))

Why Would Subs West of The Rockies Want Ohio & Florida Sports?

Dosen't Make Any Sense.

the more VOOM adds more subscribers Sci-fi network will jump on board, if remember corectly it took some cable companys awile too add SCi-fi to there lineup. when they first launched

they will assimilate soon

It's all timing

I hope your right, I signed up for installation friday - backed out when I realized there was no FSN Ohio - and changed my mind to have it installed again for the hd stuff. I called VOOM and they indicated they were in negotiations - Perfect!

what content would fox sports hd have?

not to gripe, but what's so special about florida and ohio? I would think NY and LA would be higher priorities :)

Well, I'd have to assume they are going to have all the RSN's up at some point if they are adding a few of them now. That's very encouraging.

Besides channels like USA, Sci-Fi, Food, HGTV, and DIY...I can't think of a whole lot they need to add outside of the Regional Sports Channels.

HeavyC said:
Well, I'd have to assume they are going to have all the RSN's up at some point if they are adding a few of them now. That's very encouraging.

Besides channels like USA, Sci-Fi, Food, HGTV, and DIY...I can't think of a whole lot they need to add outside of the Regional Sports Channels.

The only one I can think of other than what you listed would be BBC America.

Until the add add FSSW, all this does for me is screw up even further my PQ. I'll cop to being selfish, but I dislike adding a select handful of RSNs to benefit a few when the majority of customers will just get more pixelation.

here's the RSN's and others that have sports and are available or coming in HD

-The following are owned by Rainbow Media-
FSN Bay Area
FSN Chicago
FSN Florida
FSN New England
FSN Ohio
FSN New York
MSG

-The Following are owned by Fox Sports-
FSN Arizona
FSN Minnesota
FSN North
FSN South
FSN Southwest
FSN West
FSN West2
Sunshine Network

-The following are owned by others-
Cox San Diego 4
Comcast Philly
Comcast Atlantic
Turner South
YES
NESN

-The following are networks that have HD games-
WGN
WPIX
WTBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)