Voom New Channels

wase4711 said:
Well. Sonic Rob, I have had Voom for almost a year; ZERO problems, never overcharged my Credit Card, Gave me a larger OTA antenna when the provided one wasn't good enuf, and generally a PERFECT YEAR for me; the folks who post here tend to complain and whine about EVERY LITTLE THING that isn't perfect, so I say go for it, and forget what you read here!!

Yes, get involved with the install process, make sure you ask questions, and dont let the installer leave until you are happy..But, arent those the things you need to do with ANYTHING being installed in your house???

Like I said, if Voom has 25,000 or so subscribers, and about 25 of those folks that have had problems post here and whine and complain constantly, its obvious that the VAST MAJORITY of the subscribers are satisfied with what they get..Its not perfect, but I have had DTv, E, Comcast, and every other service there ever was, and Voom is no worse than any of those..

Oh yea. The vast majority are satisfied. That's why Voom's subscriber rate has gone down the crapper. Keep telling yourself "Voom is good. Voom is good." Then in a couple months when Voom folds you can go with D, E, or cable and still keep chanting "Voom is good." Count yourself lucky that you didn't have problems. Frankly I don't believe you.

Bob

Bob

Voom might not have to much customers but the people that do have Voom love it they might not make it but you should enjoy what you have now. I will be sad if Vooms sinks they have the most HDTV channels no other provider could come close to them if Voom does not make it i will decide were to get my HDTV but let us not worry and enjoy Voom. :D

ram1220 said:
Oh yea. The vast majority are satisfied. That's why Voom's subscriber rate has gone down the crapper. Keep telling yourself "Voom is good. Voom is good." Then in a couple months when Voom folds you can go with D, E, or cable and still keep chanting "Voom is good." Count yourself lucky that you didn't have problems. Frankly I don't believe you.

Bob

My, such cynicism! Personally the only problems I've had with Voom are:

1. I didn't initially get many locals -> solution: plug in the amplifier on my room antenna.
2. Couldn't get it working with ReplayTV -> solution: return the ReplayTV and buy a TiVo instead (same price).

No installation problems. No billing problems. Great picture. Great programming (though I would like BBC America and Sundance channels, I like the Voom exclusives a lot).

I would be very happy to have a Voom HD-DVR, but other than that... I'm very happy.

CDH.

So when was the last time V* added any new ch's ???
I can't even remember when, This S!@# is gettin old.
They are being too quiet for me....

gunn55 said:

Read the SEC Report,they will not be adding a lot of channels for awhile since everything has been delayed(MPEG4,WM9,bigger dish,not adding anything to the bird they leased,no way for customers to see the bird they leased,no new birds on order,DVR,etc)

I think it was in the 71-74 range,so you would need a bigger dish,which in their current report states that they just ordered 5000 dishes to be able to see this slot and 61.5,but I find it odd that they only order 5000 dishes when they have 26,000 subs,I the only reason is maybe they are is maybe but RSN's and locals for certains areas.

With the price increase coming, not sure if I will keep voom any longer.

Really don't see why.

Voom

I was wondering does Voom provide a DVI connection or do i have to buy one at Best Buy i saw there Monster Cables DVI was 89.99. :D

Cool i don't need to spend 89.99 on monster cables if Voom has the DVI for free. :D

gunn55 said:

Since they added almost every premium HD channel with the exception of a Sports pissing contest (HDnet) and a Cable monopoly (InHD). There are a few SD missing, but that really isn't the point of Voom. I would love more HD channels, but the content has to be there, even if the bandwidth was available.

rudolpht said:
Since they added almost every premium HD channel with the exception of a Sports pissing contest (HDnet) and a Cable monopoly (InHD). There are a few SD missing, but that really isn't the point of Voom. I would love more HD channels, but the content has to be there, even if the bandwidth was available.

I dissagree. They advertise "cable favorites" which they fall short of by a few key channels. i can live without most of them but some are important...especially the local cable channels.

Voom

So what channels are voom missing that the other providers have. :D

SonicRob said:
So what channels are voom missing that the other providers have. :D
Trio
National Geo
All the Discovery Channels like Discovery Times, Discovery Science, Discovery Kids etc.
History Int
All the StarZ Movie channesl like StarZ Theater, Starz Kids...
All the The Movie Channel Channels there are 4 disctine ones in addition to the e/w feeds
OutMax
5Star Max
The OutDoor Channels
Local Fox Sports
TRUE
NickToons
NickGas
Noggin
WAM
E/W Feeds Of Disnet
E/W Feeds of Nick
Lifetime
Livetime Movie Network
Fox Movie Network

Just to name a few....

I wish they would move on them so I can cancel cable. My cable company is getting real agressive by making sure they have all the channels that E and D have plus A growing HD lineup like HBO, Showtim, Starz, Inhd1, Inhd2, ESP, All locals...

Still love VOOM the best and can't wait drop cable, it is expensive having both.

WGN Superstation and Tech TV.

Really, Voom is missing quite a bit.

Wow

They are Missing allot of Channels but with there New Promotion i can't beat it 1 Buck to install my Receiver and 5 Dollar Rental fee for the Receiver spread the word about Voom. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts