Voom New Channels

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I'm reseaching Voom to switch from DirecTV. I called Voom yesterday and was told by the sales rep (who was very knowlegeable and courtious) that they are adding 16 channels in a couple of months. However, he could not elaborate on what they will be. I'm hoping it will be HGTV, BBC America, SciFI and Fox Sports local package (gotta have my Cardinal baseball).

He also confirmed an earlier post that a DVR option will be avaible soon. Although he could not tell me pricing and said he was not sure if the rental price would be more than $9.50 a month.

Hello voomers i got these post from another forum that was posted in June 2004 so that means the new channels should be here anyday or at least by Christmas. I hope they add INHD and HDNET so lets pray for a early Christmas Present.

I was getting voom in Feburary but just moved the date up for a early Happy New Years Gift January will be my date to get voom the only thing i hate is they charge 9.99 dollars a month for the Box must providers charge 4.99 oh well you can't win them all. :)

Not to burst your bubble, but they have been saying that for months now. Everyone here has learned to take everything a CSR says with a grain of salt. It usually is untrue. :no

SonicRob, you remind me of myself 4 months ago. So young and full of hope :)
Let me be your wake up call. Don't ever ever ever believe anything a CSR says about anything regarding new releases. If you call a CSR and say I am leaving Voom if you guys don't deliver a 24 hour HD channel showing nothing but Monsters Ball in slow motion they would say it's coming out in a few months, or they're in negotiation :D
Okay it's not that bad. But my suggestion is don't base any major decisions on what a CSR says. Voom has what is has now, when something is going to be added new channels or DVR noone knows. And if any one says they do their speculating.

We'll I'll be honest we did get a heads up from a few people here when SciFi was added and that we would have a KungFu HD channel. But I would trust posts from here over a CSR anyday.

Csr

Damn those CSR you can't trust them oh well i hope soon they will add channels and whenever they do i will be happy thanks for the post guys maybe if we email Voom they will add channels faster.LOL

dnyce said:
SonicRob, you remind me of myself 4 months ago. So young and full of hope :)
Let me be your wake up call. Don't ever ever ever believe anything a CSR says about anything regarding new releases. If you call a CSR and say I am leaving Voom if you guys don't deliver a 24 hour HD channel showing nothing but Monsters Ball in slow motion they would say it's coming out in a few months, or they're in negotiation :D
Okay it's not that bad. But my suggestion is don't base any major decisions on what a CSR says. Voom has what is has now, when something is going to be added new channels or DVR noone knows. And if any one says they do their speculating.

We'll I'll be honest we did get a heads up from a few people here when SciFi was added and that we would have a KungFu HD channel. But I would trust posts from here over a CSR anyday.

Based on past experience, you end up with CSR's making stuff up on the fly when they are frustrated about not being told anything. They hear rumors and repeat them - of course with their opinion thrown in. Voom could fix this by giving them weekly written status on new channels, the oval dish, the DVR, etc.

I just called Voom(CSR's)and asked them if they would have the NFL ticket,and the CSR said,no joke,that they are in talks with the NFL to be on Voom next year.
To be fair I called E* and asked the same thing and the CSR said she had no idea,which is typical for E* lately.

bruce said:
I just called Voom(CSR's)and asked them if they would have the NFL ticket,and the CSR said,no joke,that they are in talks with the NFL to be on Voom next year.
To be fair I called E* and asked the same thing and the CSR said she had no idea,which is typical for E* lately.

This is so funny.... :D :D :D :D (typical!)

SonicRob said:
I called Voom yesterday and was told by the sales rep (who was very knowlegeable and courtious) that they are adding 16 channels in a couple of months.
The new channels are only possible if they make immediate use of the SES transponders and install bigger dishes to the masses. Both of these items are stalled in the "Planning" stages. :confused: Don't expect to see new channels until 2nd Quarter '05.

NFL Ticket

WOW Voom getting the NFL Ticket that would be good news but should we trust the word of a CSR were is Miss Cleo when we need her. :)

SonicRob said:
WOW Voom getting the NFL Ticket that would be good news but should we trust the word of a CSR were is Miss Cleo when we need her. :)

SonicRob I'm not sure if our sarcasm is coming through strong enough here ;)
DirecTV has NFL Ticket until 2010 exclusively. The point is CSR's will say anything and know nothing. Not their fault, they're not given the info from Voom but instead of saying I don't know sometimes they say whatever comes to their heads. :no

For new info, just trust the posts of the moderators in this forum. Many of them have inside info but even they're only right 50% of the time. Alright maybe 70% :D

moderators

I will trust the moderators in these room they know more then i do that is why i like these forums they have great news about voom. :D

SonicRob said:
Stay tuned more great news coming soon. :D

This guy is like Mirror Universe version of txcruiser.

vooming

I should be a happy customer of Voom in Janauary so by then they should have added channels,Pay Perviews, and a new DVR. :D

I want my Voom

Someone tell me to wait tell Janauary when i could get a DVR and free instalation unless you have to pay 49.99 to install. Man i feel like Calling Voom up now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)