New Channels and Olympics on VOOM?

It is expected that both the module (implementation of MPEG4/WM) and the new dish will come soon. Don't know exact dates. (this is my own opinion)

It's interesting all the financial moves Voom is doing, it makes me believe they trying to gear up the capital to implement WM9 and dish upgrades for everyone. Thinking about it again, the price increase might make more sense down the road if Voom has the ability to offer more HD channels, PPV in HD, and maybe even slap together some more Voom exclusive channels thanks to the two birds in the sky. The future customers of Voom would be getting more (and pay more) from their satellite service, and as a thank you for being the first 35,000+ believers (subscribers) to Voom you get to keep their old rate.

rollerfink said:
Only until the end of the year.

Aww... kinda gay... however if by the end of this year Voom has more HD, my dish upgraded or scheduled to, and I've installed my new WM9 module...

That "aww" will be more like a "yay!"

It would be a nice thank you for VOOM to let the first wave of customers that are sticking with them lock in their current rates on a more permanent basis as a than you. I mean where would they be without some of us sticking with them?

That depends on if we are seen as 35,000 loyal customers or 350,000 of extra revenue. I will stay with VOOM unless something crazy happens, and I have been through alot with them in the short time I have been subscribed. One thing they have done throughout all the screwups is try to make it right at a large out of pocket expense to them. I will more than likely drop two of my three boxes in January, but I will keep one.

kaw

HeavyC said:
Thanks Sean....that's all I needed to hear. It's been a sore topic of discussion for a lot of sports fans in Illinois that don't live around Chicago.

Just for the record, VOOM would have one hell of a thankful customer if they added this channel.
Same with every RSN. I currenly pay Direct tv $12 month for RSN's + outdoor channel.

Was just looking up the program guide for Voom and noticed USA listed on 522, when did Voom add USA to the line up???

Oh get this last night the zap2it guide said channel 343 or something was Fox Sports Florida but it wasn't listed on the PG and I couldn't tune to it and watch the Marlins game so I called up and asked about it and the CSR told me:

"The channel listing on the web site is a mistake, Voom was trying to add more channels and improve it's channel lineup like they always try to do but this is a mistake Fox Sports Florida is not coming to Voom."

I was like oh no...

USA has been active on my box since last week.

*Disclaimer From CSR Today*

Talked to Voom about the RSN's being active on my bill. She (the dreaded CSR) said that V* is trying out the RSN's on certain people before they roll out all of them to try and work out the bugs. Whatever that means. Anyone getting any FSN's?

I got a message on my Tivo that all the RSNs have been deleted from the channel lineup.

Any Olympics News?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please consider this a Rumor.

. . .
Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.
. . .

Has there been any confirmation of whether we'll see the NBC-HD Olympic Feed?

/gkk

kfried001 said:
Why did VOOM pick only Ohio and Florida there are other states that need there local RSN?

One would think because Rainbow Media (AKA:VOOM) owns 100% of those channels.

"Rainbow Sports Networks incorporates Rainbow Media's 50% ownership in the national Fox Sports Net service that reaches more than 81 million households, as well as Rainbow Media's owned-and-operated Fox Sports Net regional networks in Chicago, Florida, New England, Ohio and San Francisco."

http://www.rainbow-media.com/regbus/sports.html

From this it would seem the RSN's should be added. I wonder why they have apparently backed off doing it. I've had Voom for about a week and the quality of the HD blows away Dish Network (IMHO) - and the OTA is a big improvement. Unfortunately if FSN Ohio is not there by November (Cavs) I'll be going elsewhere.

Some of the stuff I have heard is that they are switching over to Fox College Sports Network. This is supposed to be transfered over by the Fall. Those are the ones owned by Fox, I have no idea what CVC plans to do with the ones they own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts