New Channels and Olympics on VOOM?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please consider this a Rumor.

But I have on good authority that VOOM will add the following channels on August 1st.

Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports HD - Channel 351

Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341

USA Network will launch on Voom by August 3rd (No channel number given)

Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.

Please don't shoot the messenger is this does not come true, however this information comes to me from various sources and the information matches so I felt it was worth reporting. :)
Scott, no new HD sports channel in prog. guide-are we supposed to get the HD sports channels you mentuined too???

HeavyC said:
Please add COMCAST SPORTS CHICAGO.....Please!!!

I highly doubt that will come about since Comcast Sports is stealing most of the sports from Cablevision's FSN Chicago Channel

It appears that the information given to me was GOOD and that the Fox Sports Channels are indeed up and running on VOOM!

It looks like only those in Florida and Ohio are seeing these channels though.

If you go to VOOM website and look at the program guide you see the channels are there. :)

Attachments

• voom.jpg
    voom.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 195
well, they are added to the online guide, and there is a note about them in the billing information, but as of yet, I can't tune to the cleveland channel.

30 miles south of cleveland - so I should get the cleveland station (and this seems to be confirmed online), and thus the cavs (and indians I think) games.

if only the local area viewers are supposed to get the new fox stations why does it list them in zap2it when you input ur zipcode?

btw, USA up here but no on the RSNs and no NFL

on D*, people got their local sports channel for free, but had to pay to get the out of market channels, but even then, the major sports were blacked out on the out of market channels - you had to buy the various league subscriptions to get those. But the local sports teams were available without the league subscriptions.

for example - I get fox sports ohio - cleveland - as part of my basic DirecTV subscription, and I get the cavs games on there (and indians I believe - I rarely watch baseball) without having to subscribe to either the complete regional sports package or to NBA league pass. It appears I'll now get the same thing on Voom. This cuts my reasons for keeping DirectTV for SD television down to 1 thing - to use the Tivo. I'll be able to drop that when the Voom DVR ships.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that the information given to me was GOOD and that the Fox Sports Channels are indeed up and running on VOOM!

It looks like only those in Florida and Ohio are seeing these channels though.

If you go to VOOM website and look at the program guide you see the channels are there. :)

Scott, Why would these channels appear in the zap2it guide for my area code? (512). If these were truly regional channels, should I not see them?

Sean Mota said:
Can anyone confirm that these RSN are up?
Still no RSNs here (in Cleveland)...

I live in south florida, USA is up with no info on the PG, channel 711 is still listed as boxing. It's raining right now that means I get no Sat. Signal and my OTA is now losing channels.. I don't see any RSNs yet or anything listed as Olympics or NFL HD channel.

Dvlos said:
I live in south florida, USA is up with no info on the PG, channel 711 is still listed as boxing. It's raining right now that means I get no Sat. Signal and my OTA is now losing channels.. I don't see any RSNs yet or anything listed as Olympics or NFL HD channel.
Its raining is right. Thank god I still have D*. It's rained/been cloudy all day and as soon as the first drop falls VOOM goes Kaboom. D* for the most part is still up. Voom needs to resolve this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)