New Channels and Olympics on VOOM?

Yea, I did a similar test at Voom site with the channel guide and I live in Calif. So I thought I would change the zip to an East Coast zip and the FSN channels still show up regardless if I'm in a Calif. zip or Eastern zip.

Whats up with that?

Not very accurate.

i sure hope that they let everyone view these new FSN channels, my white sox are playin against the indans next week and i wanna watch =D

any info as to when they will be turned on? and if out of area subscribers are gettin them? because when i put in my zip code, it is listed in my channel guied

well, if i I remember correctly USA and Sci-Fi are owned by the same company. So maybe this means that Sci-Fi is coming soon, they just got USA as a test to see how it goes over ;-)

Augurr

I live in florida and the florida fox sports channel has not been added to my service...God only knows what the people at voom are doing with the channels. Let's hope they add them by tomorrow or something.....

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that the information given to me was GOOD and that the Fox Sports Channels are indeed up and running on VOOM!

It looks like only those in Florida and Ohio are seeing these channels though.

If you go to VOOM website and look at the program guide you see the channels are there. :)
Why did VOOM pick only Ohio and Florida there are other states that need there local RSN?

According to my online account info, I should be getting the Ohio channels. I don't watch much sports though so I'm not really worried about it, but just so you guys know, I'm not getting them yet either. Here's what Voom's online info says:

Services included in the package
Va Va VOOM Active
Additional services
VOOM IRD Rental Active
Uncategorized services
FSNCIN Active
FSNCLV Active
MULTIRD Active

Don't know if this matters since it was a csr, but she said they are still trying to get the fox sports channels "up and running". My account only shows fox sports ohio as active, but I will let you know if this comes on for me. She was surprised that the web page already had it listed when the channels weren't turned on yet. Oh well.....

Still happy with voom.

kfried001 said:
Why did VOOM pick only Ohio and Florida there are other states that need there local RSN?

This is just the beginning. I am sure there will be others added. I know we don't like to hear this but be "patient".

Sean, if you have any pull at all, will you please tell someone at VOOM that Fox Sports Chicago will be losing all their pro-sports teams coverage this fall, and it is an absolutely pointless channel to carry. If they are going to cover an RSN in Chicago, it needs to be COMCAST Sports Chicago. That's where all the Bulls, Sox, Cubs, and Hawks games are going to be.

DirecTV is already planning on carrying it.

HeavyC said:
Sean, if you have any pull at all, will you please tell someone at VOOM that Fox Sports Chicago will be losing all their pro-sports teams coverage this fall, and it is an absolutely pointless channel to carry. If they are going to cover an RSN in Chicago, it needs to be COMCAST Sports Chicago. That's where all the Bulls, Sox, Cubs, and Hawks games are going to be.

DirecTV is already planning on carrying it.

Heavy,

believe me. They know about it. Contract Negotiations are other issues but the fact that they know, you can count on that.

Thanks Sean....that's all I needed to hear. It's been a sore topic of discussion for a lot of sports fans in Illinois that don't live around Chicago.

Just for the record, VOOM would have one hell of a thankful customer if they added this channel.

kfried001 said:

Again, if I remember correctly FOX Ohio and Florida are Fox's biggest regional markets. I guess they figured they could test this in those markets first, then start incorporating different areas slowly. You gotta remember that DirectTV has like 12 millions subscribers, I'm sure that everyday someone farts and 12 channels are added, Voom isn't that big yet.

Here is a reply I got when I asked Voom about FSN's and NFL-HD. From the looks of it the person in responding doesn't know much or they can't say.
Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Meagan J.) - 08/02/2004 12:08 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM,
That is a great question. Our NFL-HD channel will become active when the football season begins. VOOM currently does not carry Fox Sports Net at this time, however, we are currently in contract negotiations with several networks. Once those are complete, we will begin offering those programming choices to our subscribers. While at this time I don't have any specific information on any certain channel or type of programming, I can recommend you visit our web site and sign up for email updates. That way you will be contacted with the latest VOOM developments, as they become available. You may help us by asking your favorite networks to join our ever growing VOOM lineup. Every voice helps. If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for
contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Michael Daymude
VOOM Email Support

I know this is totally unrelated with the Voom forum, but last week I was renewing my annual subscription for the Absolute Digital Package (which includes over 20 RSN's) with NPS (a C-Band provider) and was told, starting January 1 the digital sports would no longer be available in their package... I hope it's because they're going to put them on Voom...

HeavyC said:
Thanks Sean....that's all I needed to hear. It's been a sore topic of discussion for a lot of sports fans in Illinois that don't live around Chicago.

Just for the record, VOOM would have one hell of a thankful customer if they added this channel.

make that 2 happy customers... i was told when i asked about chicago sports, if ... as a fan from cali. i could have the chicago channels maped to my satellite... and they said yes... so if they add this channel, and then map it to me... ill be happy and pay whatever extra they charge... id also love to have a mlb extra inning package

Sean Mota said:
This is just the beginning. I am sure there will be others added. I know we don't like to hear this but be "patient".
Thanks sean I hope you are right. I was told by a reliable source that they were adding all RSN'd plus the Outdoor Channel. I am just suprises they didn't provide them all at once. I also hope they offer a sports package like Direct that includes all RSN's + the Outdoor Channel. I currently pay Direct $12.00 for it. It would be nice to get HDnet since I have a Dishnetwork HD receiver and no Directv HD receiver and it costs 14.95 month. Once VOOM increases it's price, then it is going to get expensive. Might have to use VOOM as and add-on since my local cable offers more movie channels more overall channels and is only missing Cinemax-HD. They just added Inhd1. It would cost 93.00 with tax for two digital rooms and the rest of the house would get basic. My concern is the bandwidth of cable vs. satellite. I wonder if Voom will really implement MPEG4, because they got the new birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts