New Channels Coming to Dish

Yeah be nice if Dish would get all the ESPN's back in HD like News and ESPNU plus all the Disney as well.

As an America's Top 120 subscriber, I'm 100% confident that even if any new channels WERE added, they wouldn't be added to my package. That's been the case for most of the recently-added channels.

Maybe Dish teases us a bit with the occasional free preview to try and get us to upgrade, but for the most part it's the more-expensive packages that get all the new stuff.

I couldn't care less about sports, shopping channels, MTV/VH1, etc... they're all programmed out of my channel list entirely. Meanwhile, there are existing channels I'd love to see: National Geographic, Cooking Channel, Science Channel, H2, and so on. I'd give up half of my Top 120 channels... which I don't even watch... just to get a few of the those I DO want.

What REALLY grinds my gears though is the fact that the networks have screwed us over: while I indeed get "The Discovery Channel" and "The History Channel", programming that used to be on them... the stuff I liked... has been moved to The Science Channel and H2. Meanwhile, the original channels have become reality TV crap 24/7. And of course, if I want the original programming that I used to enjoy, I need to upgrade two packages... just to watch the stuff that used to be included in what I have now.

Have you checked out the smaller packages? There maybe one you may like better.;)

If Dish pulls this crap for the 3rd year in a row during football season, I will be a dot on the horizon after 18 years of being a Dish customer. I missed 2 Oklahoma games in the last 2 years because of their disputes. This would be the final straw.

If Dish pulls this crap for the 3rd year in a row during football season, I will be a dot on the horizon after 18 years of being a Dish customer. I missed 2 Oklahoma games in the last 2 years because of their disputes. This would be the final straw.

I don't mean to be an ass and I'm a huge football fan as well but you only missed two games in all the years you have been a customer? One last year and one the year before? I know it's frustrating, I missed an Iowa game last year when they dropped BTN but worse things have happened. I can see being upset after missing two games in a row or more but one a year I can manage.

I don't mean to be an ass and I'm a huge football fan as well but you only missed two games in all the years you have been a customer? One last year and one the year before? I know it's frustrating, I missed an Iowa game last year when they dropped BTN but worse things have happened. I can see being upset after missing two games in a row or more but one a year I can manage.

Did not say that, I wrote the last 2 years in a row this has happened, but its happened several times over the course of having Dish. And when your team only plays 12-14 games a year, missing 1 is a little worse than say a hockey, baseball or basketball game.

FXM Fox Movies HD

and

Smithsonian HD

I am surprised FXM isn't HD by now, and what is the big deal about Smithsonian? Probaby would costs Dish 20 cents a month in the Blockbuster at Home Package.

Yes, KBS World in HD!. Also the BBC World News. NHK World as well in HD for 250 customers.
NHK World HD would be nice. Then, Dish wouldn't have to deal with the crazy way they schedule TV Japan with certain programs being free/unlocked. OTOH, they might view it as redundant for that very reason.

TVJ does look great in HD though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts