New Channels, Includes TCM

hbk409 said:
this is for the mets games that they broadcast in spanish. All the international channels that are now available in bronx and brooklyn will now be throughout the Cablevision footprint by the end of the year.

I was aware of that, but that release said that the iO espanol package would be added to LI later this summer. I think that is why the other CV employee assumed the international channels were being added everywhere now. He said he worked in LI and LI is getting them now.

RemyM said:
I was aware of that, but that release said that the iO espanol package would be added to LI later this summer. I think that is why the other CV employee assumed the international channels were being added everywhere now. He said he worked in LI and LI is getting them now.

There has been no offical word as to the exact date when international channels will be broadcast in any of the areas that do not currently have them, just that they will be on by the end of the year.

I also question how legit he is due to the fact, he didnt know about tcm which was confirmed, his first post is he doesnt know about tcm but internationally channels are available as of 8/23 seemed a little suspect, I guess we now know who is giving correct info as today is the 23rd and international channels have not launch anywhere else.

Last edited:
so I went home for lunch it appears the io enspanol package has been add, no other international channels at this time.

What area are you in HBK? It is supposed to be added in all Cablevision areas. Nothing yet in SW CT. We did get the tube.

We get the iO Sports Mets games in spanish on Telemundo PR channel 198 on the Oakland, NJ system. We have no additional international channels added yet.
The spanish iO channels we do have are:
195 MTV Español
196 Fox Sports en Español
197 mun2
198 Telemundo Puerto Rico

August 23rd cablevision launched io en espanol in the west area, (Nassau County)and it launches every week heading east into riverhead.Brookhaven footprint has been delayed for some unknown reason and its launch date in Brookhaven is TBA. They were supposed to launch all international channels on that day, but when we got to the meeting, it was just an io en espanol launch...confused us all. I didnt know about the tcm bc I was on vacation in lake george. You dont want to believe in my credibility, thats fine, Ill keep posting here though just to keep provin ya wrong.

If you re scan your QAM tuner you should be picking up The Tube (WPIX-DT 11.2).
On our system WPIX-DT 11.2 The Tube has been added to 100.1 and WPIX-DT 11.1 moved to 100.2.

Meeting tomorrow for launch of all international channels in western nassau...dont know why it was delayed. August 30th, all international channels available in Bronx and Brooklyn, are available in western nassau.

Most of the Family Cable channels are now QAM-256 digital on the Oakland, NJ system except for
MSNBC, FNC, HGTV, Cartoon, Court TV, HL News, Weather Ch, CN8, C-
SPAN2,EWTN/TBN, TCM, Public Access, CV Local Programming and guide
channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts