NEW CHANNELS JUST WENT LIVE

Only Wednesdays between today an the first are the 18th and 25th, and the 1st happens to be a Wednesday (unless they pull a Friday or Monday out of their hats as in the past). That Charlie's a slick fellow! And now Scott has opened himself up for a wave of hatred the next two Wednesdays! LOOK OUT!!!!!

Why April 1st?

Charlie said the other channels would be turned on BY April 1st. :) They could come this week or next week... sometime by April 1st. :)

Yeah I know Scott...but these days I read April 1st.....not really getting my hopes up then I get disappointed.. I am happy don't get me wrong...I got my locals....I got USA....I love the 1080P.....but not expecting anything until April 1.

yup channels are live. BET Jazz is showing SD stuff.. nothing interests me on that channel anyhow. The Two new Showtime channels are also up ( CH.9513/9480) and down mapped beside their SD counterparts obviously and TMC is on 9481 and also beside its couter part. BET Jazz is on ch.371 and is part of platinum HD.

Enjoy Folks! Now the waits on for spike HD :hungry:

BTW Reason there was no uplink change is because these were hidden For quite a while.. Spike, VH1, Comedy, etc are also there just not Live to subscribers. They have the power to flip the switch any time. Only change you will see in the uplink is Flag changed to available and the name change as i believe these were ""temp"channels before.

Thanks. I figured they just changed the flags but I thought I have seen uplink reports before with the flag information changed.

BET Jazz is a joke. I can't believe that I can get that channel now (I have Platinum for 3 months free) but I can't get Fox News HD. And Charlie says it's "all about demand" for the channels. Man. I just want Fox News HD as a TurboHD sub...

But it IS all about demand. The higher the demand, the more people will pay for it, hence Charlie's actions with respect to what package it goes in.

-Ted

Yeah I know Scott...but these days I read April 1st.....not really getting my hopes up then I get disappointed.. I am happy don't get me wrong...I got my locals....I got USA....I love the 1080P.....but not expecting anything until April 1.

And then can we really believe what could be on on April 1st anyway?:)

I think that was why Scott was trying very hard to hope they show up before 4/1, If they all end up showing up on 4/1, they may not be for real you know. We could be just staring at some color bars, who wants that?:)

Heres an attachment... ;)

Attachments

• new hd 3-11.jpg
    new hd 3-11.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 477
But it IS all about demand. The higher the demand, the more people will pay for it, hence Charlie's actions with respect to what package it goes in.

-Ted

Yeah I get that, but how much demand is there for Fox News HD/Business HD in the TurboHD only packs? A TON! And nothing is happening, no promises, just "I heard from this CSR 4-6 weeks."

Yeah I get that, but how much demand is there for Fox News HD/Business HD in the TurboHD only packs? A TON! And nothing is happening, no promises, just "I heard from this CSR 4-6 weeks."
There was some info in the Charlie Chat. Statement about contracts being up this summer. Apparently no changes until new contracts are negotiated. The people who did get the channels were turned on one at a time. Possibly indicating a per sub surcharge added in the middle of the contract.

I wonder if the stated demand is not just for these channels in particular, but for any channels which could be added. :)

And due to the high demand in those specific packs, Charlie wants you to pay the SD tax to get the channels. :)

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts