NEW CHANNELS JUST WENT LIVE

While I like as many HD channels as possible, BETJ HD has to be some kind of joke. There seems to be nothing on it that is HD, or even interesting to watch. I would much rather Dish supplied everyone with the HD locals that they may still be missing instead of giving us more of nothing.
But hey, according to Charlie, us customers were clamoring for it!

Not impressed. I subscribe to the 250 package and get two TMC stations. Of course I don't get TMCEasthd. Crazy.

Not impressed. I subscribe to the 250 package and get two TMC stations. Of course I don't get TMCEasthd. Crazy.

Yes it hit me earlier today. Since I get TMC why not this one? Because its.. as you say... an east channel? I would hope that would mean there will be a west channel eventually and all will be good.

Yes it hit me earlier today. Since I get TMC why not this one? Because its.. as you say... an east channel? I would hope that would mean there will be a west channel eventually and all will be good.

When I upgraded to HD last November, I was pleased to find that I suddenly had Encore HD, even though I had had only Encore West (SD) before. I therefore assumed that TMC would be handled the same way; that is, TMC-HD would be added to all Gold subscriber packages. If not, that is a huge disappointment. I wonder what the reasoning is for supplying Encore HD to all subscribers but not TMC HD?

Any TurboHD + Showtime subscribers confirm that they see the new Showtime HD channels? They don't show up on my sling guide, and I'm hoping it's just a sling guide bug and I didn't get Fox News-ified on my premiums.

As far as the Encore/TMC situation goes, Gold subscribers should probably be thankful they get Encore HD, not sorry they don't get TMC HD. I was VERY surprised they decided to include Encore HD with Gold/250/whatever. It seems to me the HD feeds are a good incentive to get premium packages, and they could have very easily held it back from the Gold package by simply saying "only the west coast feed is included."

I suspect Showtime is to blame. Starz has always made Encore available separately, but Showtime made a very unusual deal to put TMC in the 250 package. They are trying to pump up subscriptions and probably demanded it go this way.

As far as the Encore/TMC situation goes, Gold subscribers should probably be thankful they get Encore HD, not sorry they don't get TMC HD. I was VERY surprised they decided to include Encore HD with Gold/250/whatever. It seems to me the HD feeds are a good incentive to get premium packages, and they could have very easily held it back from the Gold package by simply saying "only the west coast feed is included."

I suspect Showtime is to blame. Starz has always made Encore available separately, but Showtime made a very unusual deal to put TMC in the 250 package. They are trying to pump up subscriptions and probably demanded it go this way.

I agree, those that get Encore HD without Starz, should feel lucky...

Stll amazing that with as many people wanting and with as much HD and LIVEHD content SPEED CHANNEL has, we are still in the dark as to when we will EVER get the HD version on *E

Anyone else notice wierd picture quality on the two new showtime channels?
I watched a movie earlyer on ShowToo HD and my tv is set to Just scan (Gives More picture then 16:9) but on this channel they havent got the positioning correct yet.. having watched 2 movies on the channel now. And then Shocase HD has like i wierd look to it. almost like its just upconverted 16:9 SD. Wierd how these two channels are like this when Showcase HD Is perfect in both cases. Mabie just some adjusting needed since the channels are still new.

Last I heard Showtime was hurting for $$$$$ So I would have to blame Showtime for this one as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)