NEW CHANNELS JUST WENT LIVE

And due to the high demand in those specific packs, Charlie wants you to pay the SD tax to get the channels. :)

Ted
I would argue that HD only subs pay far more of a "tax" then sd+hd subscribers do. Take a look at this post where I break down the costs:

Turbo Value

Basically, the value for HD only packages are horrible. For a minimal nominal increase in price to say switch from Turbo Bronze to Bronze 100 w/HD, you get back an overwhelming value.

Us Turbo subs pay a heavy premium to basically have a bunch of SD channels locked out for us; I am thinking I may be better served by switching to a regular package and then doing the locking myself...

Yes congrats to those that got em but for me bfd. I did get BET-J but I will never watch it. No comment on quality but nothing I am interested in. I doubt only a minority of people will watch it but you gots to takes whats you can gets. I would hope just one of the new channels would have been a major non subscription one... or make just that one TMC-HD on the high HD packages.

So.... wheeee!

Anyways that said, my HD locals (minus ABC which I cant get) did get added today so on the whole its a good day.

I would argue that HD only subs pay far more of a "tax" then sd+hd subscribers do. Take a look at this post where I break down the costs:

Turbo Value

Basically, the value for HD only packages are horrible. For a minimal nominal increase in price to say switch from Turbo Bronze to Bronze 100 w/HD, you get back an overwhelming value.

Us Turbo subs pay a heavy premium to basically have a bunch of SD channels locked out for us; I am thinking I may be better served by switching to a regular package and then doing the locking myself...

I actually just switched from Turbo Silver to Classic Gold with HD. Gonna try it and see if I actually watch those extra channels. I did watch AMC last night so I may end up sticking with atleast the Classic Silver with HD.

I'm a Gold HD / Classic Gold 250 guy.

I get TMC West & TMC Extra West in SD.
I get a whole bunch of Encore's in SD
I get one Encore in HD.

I got NO new HD movie channel today.

Come on, fancy-pants Charlie. Give us Gold guys the HD TMC, since we've been chewing on the bones of the SD TMC channels for years.

I'm a Gold HD / Classic Gold 250 guy.

I get TMC West & TMC Extra West in SD.
I get a whole bunch of Encore's in SD
I get one Encore in HD.

I got NO new HD movie channel today.

Come on, fancy-pants Charlie. Give us Gold guys the HD TMC, since we've been chewing on the bones of the SD TMC channels for years.

The Dish Latino Max has the Movie Channel East and West in SD, I'll check my guide when I get home but I doubt that TMC HD will be there. Dish Network has too many packages and they don't even know what goes where. :(

I have Absolute HD + Showtime so I made out like a bandit today. Received all the new national HD + 3 of my locals in HD..........Total 7 new HD channels............
Absolute HD was the smartest move I ever made with Dish. :D

BETJ HD? What a joke

While I like as many HD channels as possible, BETJ HD has to be some kind of joke. There seems to be nothing on it that is HD, or even interesting to watch. I would much rather Dish supplied everyone with the HD locals that they may still be missing instead of giving us more of nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)