New Channels on X4??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Asket

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Anaheim CA
Just channel surfing on X4 and I find there are numerous movie channels of some type on 150 thru 181 that don't relate to anything published or in the guide. No ID on service but movie title and duration does come up along with the message to contact provider for subscription. These stations do not show in the guide.

Was not there yesterday! Any way to ID who these services are related to?

Your 4D maps must be corrupted. I do not receive any of those. My 922 sits on X4 almost daily for 12+ hours. Been on it all day today and there are no ad on's. What is your channel count, normal is 4767.

I have no new channels here, my 920 sits on X4 exclusively and my channel count is sitting at 5019. Only problem I have is the guide will lock up once in a while. When it locks up I just unplug and plug back in and away it goes again.

Your 4D maps must be corrupted. I do not receive any of those. My 922 sits on X4 almost daily for 12+ hours. Been on it all day today and there are no ad on's. What is your channel count, normal is 4767.

If this is corruption why is it going there and locking in and receiving data that does not correspond to anything I subscribe to or offered. By the way I sub to the whole H2H (Horizon to Horizon?) offering.
I also notice no answer to the ABC HD which is on another sat and has data also. This looks like something we are not supposed to be seeing in my estimation. Corruption I don't think so, it does not act like it.
If you don't receive it I would guess you are locked out and to some limited extent I am not.

If this is corruption why is it going there and locking in and receiving data that does not correspond to anything I subscribe to or offered. By the way I sub to the whole H2H (Horizon to Horizon?) offering.
I also notice no answer to the ABC HD which is on another sat and has data also. This looks like something we are not supposed to be seeing in my estimation. Corruption I don't think so, it does not act like it.
If you don't receive it I would guess you are locked out and to some limited extent I am not.

You don't understand how the maps work, I DO. They have corruption to start with. That ABC HD is corruption in everyones system. What is your TDT count and channel count?? What does your VCT read, can you dump Nvram and tell me certain entries?

You don't understand how the maps work, I DO. They have corruption to start with. That ABC HD is corruption in everyones system. What is your TDT count and channel count?? What does your VCT read, can you dump Nvram and tell me certain entries?

It is difficult to believe that there is such "corruption" if it can be called that. Motorola would be in deep trouble if the system was allowed to become so degraded and it would be open to attack from so many fronts if dunderheads were running it. I told people
What the TDT and channel counts are previously and I am certainly not putting out any sensitive information for all to peruse.

Motorola's maps are plagued with double entries and phantom listings. They should not be in there. Whenever Motorola made a change they did a cut and paste and left garbage. The GI programmers that really understood the 4DTV have been gone for years. Motorola has been putting out the buggy crap for some time from what we found dissecting the maps.

If those extra entries bother you so much call SRL and see what they say. What you are seeing is old cross linked W5 entries on X4. And all those other things like ABC HD are phantom entries & parameters that are probably from some test data they were using tryng to get the X4 maps to work on the 4DTV. I have seen under the hood of it all and I can assure you it was and is a mess. We have done some nice cleanups though and overcame another stepping stone the last few days for our maps :D

If those extra entries bother you so much call SRL and see what they say.

Wait a minute, aren't they the ones that tried to brick our 4DTV units? Why would I believe anything they say even with my subscription being through them.

I will stick with what I have, No problem.

:sick:

If those extra entries bother you so much call SRL and see what they say.

Wait a minute, aren't they the ones that tried to brick our 4DTV units? Why would I believe anything they say even with my subscription being through them.

I will stick with what I have, No problem.

:sick:

As long as it is working with 4160 forget about it. Its caused by what I said, some units also have old files from X4 ku messing up things. I don't know how many years you had your 4DTV or since a MR was done. That also plays a part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)