new channels/services

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
TV Globo - Brazilian Channel --- December 16-18

Spike on demand --- December 16th

MLB Network in HD and SD --- December 16-18

Comedy HD --- January 13-15

where did you see this? I don't care about MLB but Comedy Central could be really cool in HD. Any word if we will get G4 an E! (are they not the same "owner")

also is it safe to assume these new HD channels will not be SDV for us TiVo users?

thanks for the heads up

seems like maybe CV will get its act in gear for 2009 :D

I thought that MLB was to be stared on Jan. 1st 09... do you mean the Baseball Channel or are they just the same thing :cool:

i dont know what channel your talking about for baseball if this isnt it. this is the only channel i am aware for the the mlb is going to have. whats the name of this other channel???

there seems to be a little bit of confusion. according to hbk409, the mlb channel will be added sometime between dec 16/18, however that channel will not officially start broadcasting until jan 1. it'll probably be just a blank placeholder until then? (i think that's where the confusion is)

i would rather have CV add the channel on dec 16 and have it blank for 2 weeks than add it on jan 16, and miss 2 weeks of programming.

I thought that MLB was to be stared on Jan. 1st 09...

Yes, Jan 1, 2009 is the official launch date however new channels often have soft launches earlier. While it's possible it'll be blank until the 1st, I doubt CV would be advertising it on the guide channel as available next week if there's nothing on it.

For what it's worth, GolfHD didn't officially launch until December 8th, 2008 but we got it a week early (and it was NOT a simulcast of the combined VS/GolfHD channel)

where did you see this? I don't care about MLB but Comedy Central could be really cool in HD. Any word if we will get G4 an E! (are they not the same "owner")

also is it safe to assume these new HD channels will not be SDV for us TiVo users?

thanks for the heads up

seems like maybe CV will get its act in gear for 2009 :D

Who said anything about Comedy Central HD?
I think it is Comedy TV HD they are adding?

MLB is now up & "live" (preview) on the Norwalk CT. system SD #149 HD #790 :D:cool:

so the MLB (not that I watch sports) is not SDV? and is it safe to still assume that new HD channels will not be SDV?
I have an appointment for the 10th of Jan and will be getting my tivo's tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)