New Cheap Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The analog conversion only applies to over the air, ie rabbit ears. It has nothing todo with cable or satellite. Although satellite has been pretty forward anyways any of you guys still use an analog receiver? I do but I think I'm a minority lol.

Mpeg2 is digital btw hehe

**Warning** I really don't know what I'm talking about but my understanding and please correct me if I'm wrong is that the US's switch from analog to digital signals as part of it's digital tv transition also included a voluntary switch by most cable & satellite carriers from SD to HD or mpeg 2 to mpeg 4 and if all these signals are changing to HD sooner than later anyways should we be purchasing HD receivers now and what should we be looking for besides cheap? btw, the date is February 17, 2009 not Jan 1 for the transition.

The digital transition only applies to over the air analog broadcasts by the local tv stations. It has no bearing on satellite broadcasts whether that be Dish Directv or C or Ku band. Now satellite carriers are moving to mpeg 4 and dvb s2 in order to use their bandwidth more efficiently, i.e squeeze more channels into the bandwidth they currently have.

Thanks osu1991!
does anyone recommend a good, cheap receiver with mpeg 4 and dvb s2?
updatelee, now I know why mpeg2 boxes don't have vacume tubes. :p

Although satellite has been pretty forward anyways any of you guys still use an analog receiver? I do but I think I'm a minority lol.

Mpeg2 is digital btw hehe
I still do, although I rarely use analog. Mostly use the 922 4dtv for my NPS subscription (mpeg2) and moving the dish. My 920 is used mostly for moving a dish, occasionally I'll stop long enough (on either receiver) to watch Dr. Gene Scott or Pastor Melissa Scott and I'll catch some College Football in the Fall. And if I notice an ITC VC2 channel, I might stay a few minutes, but no VC2 subscriptions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts