New Comcast Customer with Questions

newguy416

Original poster
May 22, 2009
WA
Hello. I am a new Comcast HD customer with the 3416 DVR. I moved from TX to WA and changed from Dish to Comcast, and I have a few questions on the Comcast service.

• Is there a way to hide channels on the guide so it is more streamlined? I want to remove all of the channels I do not want or subscribe to. Currently I have to hit page up or down 99 times to cycle through all of the channels.
  • If not…When I make a favorites list can I have that displayed on the guide and stay on the guide? For example, when I create a favorites, click guide and then favorite, my channels appear; but when I hit guide again in order to see my favorite channels I have to hit favorites again. Also if I hit channel up it does not go to my next favorite channel, it selects the next channel, favorite or not.
  • On many of the HD channels the shows are not the same as their SD counterpart. For example on History, TLC, Animal, A&E, TNT, AMC, Bravo, USA, and many others the programming is ahead by 3 hours? My last provider they were the same on both channels.
I would appreciate any help and/or advice.
Thank you.

Last edited:
1. If you can use the supplied Comcast remote, then don't worry about your buttons getting worn out. They have replaced it for me at no cost several times.
Unfortunately, I bought a TV that the Comcast remote can't use so I've had to wait for Comcast to come out with an updated remote. Until then I have to buy my own.
2. I have not found a way to do this. I don't like it either. The software Comcast uses in their Motorola systems is horrid on the subscriber end. It has changed much since it was bought in 2000, so I've heard.
3. Simply, many of the SD feeds are running 3 hours behind the HD feeds. It's not true for all of them.
In fact, I believe your watching the "late night/1:00am" on the HD channels.
There is only one HD feed running instead of the separate East/West timezone SD feeds that have been around for awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)