New Comcast Sub

SCORE!!

Called Tivo to cancel the Roamio OTA and they offered me a Roamio basic and lifetime for $299 (I explained to the rep why I was cancelling it)
So come Friday I will be using my Roamio for Comcast :)
Did you move again Tony? I have kind of gathered it from a few posts. I know that before you were in an area where you couldn't get great OTA reception, and you had little to no high speed internet access. I saw where you posted a 29Mbps download the other day. Looks like you must be back in town with speeds like that.

SCORE!!

Called Tivo to cancel the Roamio OTA and they offered me a Roamio basic and lifetime for $299 (I explained to the rep why I was cancelling it)
So come Friday I will be using my Roamio for Comcast :)
Tivo came today (actually yesterday but I was working. Ran home on break and picked it up in the office) and already called and activated it. Have to hook it up when I get home (working a 17 hour day today) and have to call Comcast to txfr the cable card over from the Series 3 to the Roamio :)

You should have been able to get the X1 HD box with a simple bundle
cable is included in rent (anything above digital starter we have to pay for)
Apartment complex has wifi hotspots across the building pulling around 25-30MB down.

So no bundled needed :)

got my Roamio set up and back to watching TV

Honestly when I had OTA the speed (snappiness) between the Series 3 and Roamio is not as noticeable as now with cable. It took about 1/2 hour to download the 13 day guide (after the initial setup). The Series 3 was almost 3 HOURS!!!

Also the Roamio I can view Comcast on demand....sweet!

I haven't had Comcast in years how is there Internet speed? When I did have it certain times of the day it would go to a crawl. I have fios now and was just thinking of switching Comcast seems to offer a good deal for a triple play.

I've has it now 3 weeks and I've pretty much averaged the below regardless of time of day. Now I have a unique situation as the apartment complex has wifi spots throughout the complex. So I am using my wifi extender and run my computer, phone, tivo and roku off it and havent had any issues.

1211157124.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)