new contract downgrade package later? general questions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
If I signup with a new setup/contract with directtv after the first year or at any time can i downgrade the programming package? Is their a cost/penalty to change packages?'

I was thinking about getting Choice Xtra but after year one possibly downgrading to save a few $$ as we really don't need all the channels on it.

Also, how does directtv handle if you need additional connections/boxes down the road? Will they come out and run it and you get locked into 2 yrs from that date? I am just wondering because down the road I may need another run in the house. Would it make sense to order 4 boxes initially to get 4 drops and return any boxes?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

If I signup with a new setup/contract with directtv after the first year or at any time can i downgrade the programming package? Is their a cost/penalty to change packages?'

I was thinking about getting Choice Xtra but after year one possibly downgrading to save a few $$ as we really don't need all the channels on it.

Also, how does directtv handle if you need additional connections/boxes down the road? Will they come out and run it and you get locked into 2 yrs from that date? I am just wondering because down the road I may need another run in the house. Would it make sense to order 4 boxes initially to get 4 drops and return any boxes?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I think some of the deals you get are determined on the package, so downgrading may affect your monthly cost. You should get as many extra boxes as you can. Returning them won't affect your commitment or package, but will cost more to get later and it would extend any commitment you already have.

Anytime D* offers you another receiver after you have been installed, it generally comes with a new 24 month commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.