New Customer, 2nd Box cheaper on eBay?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rabidfool

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I am looking at taking advantage of the current NFL Sunday ticket promo they have for new subs. Going to be starting with 2 tvs, both HD.

Instead of paying full price for an HD DVR box on the second TV ($199), can I buy my second box cheaper on eBay and use it while still using the free HD DVR on my main?

I am looking at taking advantage of the current NFL Sunday ticket promo they have for new subs. Going to be starting with 2 tvs, both HD.

Instead of paying full price for an HD DVR box on the second TV ($199), can I buy my second box cheaper on eBay and use it while still using the free HD DVR on my main?

Yes, provided:

1) there is no balance owed on the receiver by the previous owner
2) you're willing to run the cables (or second cable as the case may be) to your second location
3) you're willing to pay the additional receiver fee of $4.99 for the second receiver.

Yes, provided:

3) you're willing to pay the additional receiver fee of $4.99 for the second receiver.

Don't worry about this. if you lease it you still have to pay 4.99 lease fee. leased or owned you still have to pay the 4.99 mirroring fee

Did I misunderstand? Didn't the OP say it was to get the new customer promo price? In which case it wouldn't be a mirroring fee. It would be a whole 2nd package! And you'd need a 2nd billing address and probably someone else to subscribe it. IOW I wouldn't do it myself for ethical reasons.

I know D* used to have ST only subs but I'm thinking probably not anymore and at least not on this promo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)