New Customer - any free HD-DVR deals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
The subject pretty much says it all: Is there any way to get a free HD-DVR (with free installation, of course) for a new customer?

The subject pretty much says it all: Is there any way to get a free HD-DVR (with free installation, of course) for a new customer?

Most of the commercials I have heard for new accounts lately have allowed you to have 1 HD rec, or 1 DVR free, but not the HD DVR itself.

I would call in and see what they can do for you.
I got my HD DVR HR20-700 for $ 199 and thought that was a fair deal, if you can do better than that, go for it.

Jimbo

i believe that's the going price for an hr20 upgrade. actually, its 299 but you get a hundred dollar rebate coupon to mail in.

I haven't heard of anyone getting one free, but say a few who have been with Directv for a long time.

I just got off the phone with Directv. I am moving and upgraded from the oval 3-LNB dish to the Slimline. I also inquired about the price on the HD-DVRs...when I signed up 1 year ago, they said $399 and they'd give me a $100 credit, so $299. After reading through here today before calling, I though the best offer I'd get would be $199. The guy came back and said $19.99 plus tax for shipping and the HD-DVR is free. I've read about that before, so I jumped on it. Didn't think it would be that easy...

I am a Sunday Ticket subscriber though, with Superfan...and I get all the UFCs in HD...so my bills are rather large...guessing that helps.

It can happen to you!

Keep trying.

How long you've been a customer helps

Vedhead, just curious how long you've been with D*. Based on my personal experience, that helps. Add that to the fact the more you subscribe to, the better chance you have for a good deal on the HD-DVR

Vedhead, just curious how long you've been with D*. Based on my personal experience, that helps. Add that to the fact the more you subscribe to, the better chance you have for a good deal on the HD-DVR
If your a good standing customer,They will give you a break! I've been with directv since 2002,But also had them from 1995-1997,So Ididn't get any new deal when I rejoined.But anyway, I got mine in Febuary for$150,plus they broke that down in 3 payments and installed new dish and ran wires.But I have heard of people getting HR-20 for as low as $129. Not NEW customer either.

I'm about to have my 1 year anniversary with Directv...

Longevity and amount you spend will really help your ability to get discounted programming and hardware. However, your skills at negotiating and patience also helps too. Try calling retention and see what you can get. You may not get a free HD DVR but they may throw in credits or free programming like HBO or HD package. So it doesnt hurt to try. They want to keep you.

and make sure the csr notates your account. i lost a deal for a 99 dollar hddvr because the person didn't leave any notes on my account.

I called Friday and inquired about the shipping deal and they gave it to me (didnt even talk to retention) they are coming this sat to install the dish switch and receiver.

I have been with D about 8 yrs and just had the Slimline dish and the HR20 installed for the shipping fee.Pretty sweet deal.

Retention

I have been with D about 8 yrs and just had the Slimline dish and the HR20 installed for the shipping fee.Pretty sweet deal.

Did you get this deal by going through Retention. Did you just ask for it or tell them you were thinking of leaving??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)