New Customer, Horrible service so far

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rabidfool

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Called up to sign up today. New to the Sat dish world, did my homework here and a few other sites.

Called 1-888-777-2454. Stated I wanted 1 HD DVR, 1 HD and 2 SD and protection plan. Ran my credit and without prompt gave me a discount. Original 74.99/104.99 but would sign me up for 52.99/92.99. Said great lets do this. Gave him my refferal (from this board!) and that was entered fine. Stated I wanted to go-green and get AAA discount. Rep stated there is no AAA discount. I stated that yes there was and he put me on hold while he looked. Came back and said yes, but he couldnt enter it and that once he got my account setup he would transfer me to the dept that could. Took my CC and billed me $99 for the second reciver and transferred me.

Over the next hour and 20 minutes I was given a complete run around. They canceled my first order and re did it to give me the AAA discount. This new price plan was higher than before the 'discount.'!!!!

After speaking with a manager and a pad filled with numbers I was given 75.94/131.93 and a free HD receiver.

Direct needs to get there act together if they expect me to stay with them. The fact that all three employees gave me vastly different numbers for the SAME plan is crazy.

Oh and next available install date is almost a month away (over 3 weeks.)

Ny excitement has turned to disgust.

I am not going to disagree that the CSR's can be terrible, but you started out calling the wrong #. For the AAA special, you need to call 800-242-9114 and its best to do it between 8am to 5 pm. They know it best and are much friendlier. Although the over flow or after hours will go to the normal D* CSR's and you can get the type of issue you experienced.

....you started out calling the wrong # ....

I have to disagree. There shouldnt be different numbers for different discounts. All CSRs should be familiar with offers. There are bigger problems here as the no one quoted me the same price and each person gave me multiple price plans.

I had the same problem last weekend. I made the mistake of calling the regular customer service number to sign up, and then spent over 30 minutes with a rep getting my service started. After everything was finish he transfered me to the department that authorized the AAA deal. The AAA rep came on and said he had to cancel my first order and start all over. After about 10-15 minutes he then quoted me about $25.00 more than I was originally quoted. After talking to the rep trying to get the same price I was originally quoted, and getting nowhere I gave up told him forget it. I called back the next day using the AAA phone number, and got a good deal.

Only issue I had so far was the installation tech didn't arrive when he was scheduled (noon to 5). He showed up after 7:15. Other than that issue everything is cool

In regards to your install time....DirectTV's big push is NFL Sunday Ticket right now. I recall seeing this last year...the closer to the beginning of the season...the longer the install lead times.

OK. What part, if any, of this dialogue is for real?

Are you referring to my original post? If so I understand it is somewhat convoluted. I was upset after being given no less than 10 different price plans over the course of an hour and 30 minutes minimum. I have a note pad here with so many numbers its insane.

i understand the OP's situation.
i'm a new subscriber as well.
i was hooked up through directstarTV ( 3rd party i think)

at first i just want the regular install..where you get everything for free..
i ordered july 29 and my installation date was aug 5th here in CT.

around july 31 i changed my mind and decided to go HD with DVR.
i called the same number and like you, they have to start from scratch,
they said new equipments are needed and the dish is a different one.

the earliest date was aug 12 8-12 noon
the installer came 1130am and was finished around 3 pm.

so far i like service.
i think it's hard to have the same pricing since there are a lot of 3rd party companies offering a lot of different packages and discounts.
although there are some similarities like i got the free 4 months of showtime.
and the $18 rebates for a yr.

in general i think i'm getting what i paid for.
i already got the first bill.. everything is clear. NO HIDDEN FEES. ( compared to my landline ATT bill) with so many FCC, FEd tax, exchange tax etc..
and they gave my 1 free PPV nice!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)