How long to wait for update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pa1000

Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
I got a used DVR HR10-250 which still has 3.1.5f software on it. I've had the phone line plugged in for a week and it's been activated since monday. I force a call twice a day but still no update. I really need this update since I get the "please wait" every time I try to record something for about 2 minutes. if i call dtv will they update me faster or how long will i have to wait?

Not sure about the HR10, but on my HR20, you can force an update by pressing 02468 at the welcome screen after a reboot! I would think it would be the same! Good Luck!

DirecTV just replaced my Tivo HR10-250 with a HR21-100 for free. They called me with the offer. Needless to say I took them up. Never really liked the Tivo, anyhow.

Well I called dtv "tech support" twice. the first time the guy had me do the 02468 thing even though it doesn't work on the hr10, after that he said just to disable call waiting in the receiver and it should work after that and of course it didn't and he offered no follow up support if it didn't work. next time I called the lady had no clue about the software versions (she said my unit probably didn't need an software update even though I clearly explained to her that I had a software version over 3 years old) she tried to tell me to do the 02468 thing again and then she said the system doesn't show your reciever is to be sent an update and I would get an update when the next software update is out and she offered no more help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Customer, Horrible service so far

TVs in a fitness center and using dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)