TVs in a fitness center and using dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slater10

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Hello,

I'm opening a new fitness center. We will have around 25 tv's in the gym, most of them on the cardio equipment. So far I can not get cable. So to use dish, I would have to get a box I am told for each channel I want with dish and use them as a type of server. Each piece of equipment has tv contols on them and I can not have a box out by each machine and use a controler. Each controller would operate other boxes, be a mess and such. Any ideas on how to do this a better way. I've thought about an antena on the building and by the digital converter boxes for the tv monitors and seeing what channel's I get through the air, not sure on that either. Looking for help?

Thanks

Almost all quality sports bars have a commercial acct setup based on their occupancy rating. They also have individual receivers per each TV or maybe a receiver on up to 2 TVs at a time. I have help setup a few and this is the best method for them because the drinking and the TVs are the stars where in the sports club idea TVs will be a low priority.

I want to join your gym if you offer DTV. My gym has Comcrap and the picture sucks.

I don't know the legality of a commercial account, so this is just a technical answer, if you want to save money, and you don't mind having multiple HD sets on the same HD channel.

You can order cheap yet good quality HDMI cables and swtiches (powered HDMI splitters), a powered cable or switch combination can deliver the HD signal to over 100' away without degradation. You can for example hook up one HD box to as many sets as long as it is ok for them to share the same HD channel, then a second HD box to support another group of sets displaying another HD channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.