New Customer Install: 30 Day Grace Period?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluemonick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hey all,

Sorry to post this, but there was only 2 threads on this top from 2+ years ago that didn't have an finite answer to this question?

How many days Post-install does Directv give to Cancel without an Early Termination Fee?

Some say 3 days, others say 7 or 10. Supposely there was an "offer" years back of an 30 day guaranteed?

I had my install on 9/15. Is there an current grace period for D* installs as of now? (or is it too late and an ETF would be required?)

Note: I love my Directv service currently, but the main reason I got D* in the first place was because of NFL. With me finding out NFL Mobile (verizon) includes the MNF game (didnt have ESPN with Dish), I have no reason (from original intention) to keep Directv.

Thanks all for replies!!

You would rather watch the game on your cell phone over a TV ?

I'm thinking it's 3 day, but don't know for sure.

You would like for it to be 30 days, but I haven't seen that for a long time now.

You would rather watch the game on your cell phone over a TV ?

I'm thinking it's 3 day, but don't know for sure.

You would like for it to be 30 days, but I haven't seen that for a long time now.

Forgot to mention I also have Dish Network with Welcome pack.

Sure I would like it to be for 30 days, but wanna know the "real" answer.

Got D* because of Good promo offer and NFL (MNF and ST)

Maybe I'm missing something here but don't you think you should have asked this BEFORE the installation? And why ask here? Call DTV and ask them.

There is no 30 day period.

It is 24 hours and some select states 14 days.

Do you have a list of those states by chance?

I also heard if you "initiated" the sale (went to directv.com yourself for example) you bascially have no "grace" window? Is this true? Reason, I didnt call D* first is because sometimes different techs have different answers (call roulette), and wanted to know if anyone else had a similar situation arise and what their experencie was.

I don't know about Georgia, but in New York, it's 3 days ,ONLY IF a salesperson comes to your house, doesn't apply if it's a phone, mail or internet order. Laws vary from state-to-state. Best thing would be to call your state's consumer affairs department.

You just got installed on 9/15 so you got Sunday Ticket for free, but you want to walk away from that because of the MNF stream on the $10 a month VZW app? You may not realize this, but that stream from VZW sucks more often than it doesn't. You're tied to only streaming on their network which uses your data allowance if you don't have unlimited and VZW streams suck nuts on 4G.

My son had a legit reason to cancel, intentional service disruption by a D* contractor 5 or 6 days after install and he couldn't cancel without an ETF. You got equipment, an install and a programming offer that is the best (IMHO) that D* has ever offered. Your only issue is that VZW is going to stream the MNF game to your phone. You don't walk on this agreement without an ETF if they can stop you.

Bluemonick said:
Do you have a list of those states by chance?

I also heard if you "initiated" the sale (went to directv.com yourself for example) you bascially have no "grace" window? Is this true? Reason, I didnt call D* first is because sometimes different techs have different answers (call roulette), and wanted to know if anyone else had a similar situation arise and what their experencie was.

The 14 day window only applies in certain states, and if you order through Direct Sales (through DirecTV directly) AND the information you receive in writing from DirecTV does not match what you have on your bill. So unless the price is different than what you have in writing AND you live in one of those states AND you ordered through a specific sales channel, it's a moot point...

Who gets satellite for a basic channel you can get from any provider? You can find MNF streams online that's much better than what VZW offers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)