new customer installion question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

druwhall

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Lexington
When my system is installed can I pick the placement of the dish on my house as long as the dish has a good view ?

Yes, assuming that location is stable, not too far away, follows safety guidelines, etc. Let your tech know you have preferences and ask to be told if that won't work before anything permanent is done. Keep in mind that anything above and beyond standard install is considered custom and will have a fee of course.

Keep in mind that anything above and beyond standard install is considered custom and will have a fee of course.

Like fishing a wire inside a wall. That will cost you $50-$100 per wall drop. Otherwise they run the cable along the outside of the house and punch thru the wall into the room where the tv is located.

When my system is installed can I pick the placement of the dish on my house as long as the dish has a good view ?

Yes, you can pick the location as long as its something that is not too difficult to install or will add un-necessary installation costs.

For example, if it can go on the house, the installer is not going to do a pole mount.

I just want to place it on the corner of the back of the house and it looks like it should have a clear signal. I currently have cable right now. Do the installer usually just use the coaxial outlets that the vcable company has already installed or will they put in new ones? The play I want the dish is going yo be on the opposite side of the house where my cable comes in.

I just want to place it on the corner of the back of the house and it looks like it should have a clear signal. I currently have cable right now. Do the installer usually just use the coaxial outlets that the vcable company has already installed or will they put in new ones? The play I want the dish is going yo be on the opposite side of the house where my cable comes in.

They will use the existing coax provided it is available and in good shape.

Where the cable entrance usually figures in as well as where the electrical service entrance (meter) is. Ideally (from the installer's viewpoint), the dish will be mounted as close as possible to the service entrance. Coax is cheaper by the foot than the ground wire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)