new customer on saturday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajwoodman

Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
I had Directv hooked up on Saturday with one hddvr and one standard receiver. Sunday (next day) bought new lcd hdtv for downstairs. Called Directv today Monday, to see if I could swap the standard for a hd receiver. They said no, sorry, unless I wanted to pay $99.00 to swap it. Not very good customer service in my opinion.
icon9.png

I had Directv hooked up on Saturday with one hddvr and one standard receiver. Sunday (next day) bought new lcd hdtv for downstairs. Called Directv today Monday, to see if I could swap the standard for a hd receiver. They said no, sorry, unless I wanted to pay $99.00 to swap it. Not very good customer service in my opinion.
icon9.png

We all tell you , get ALL the recvrs you may need at the time of the install, because your only a NEW sub once and THATS where the deals are.

We all tell you , get ALL the recvrs you may need at the time of the install, because your only a NEW sub once and THATS where the deals are.

So true, it is easily changed before activation, but not so afterwards.

icon9.png

I'm not saying I agree with them. Since your going to have this for a while you should go ahead & do the upgrade. You'll enjoy having hd on the new TV. I imagine referring Directv to friends and family is the furthest thing from your mind right now, but 1 refer a friend will get your money back for you.

Yeah, there's really no reason anyone should ever get a "standard def" receiver on a new install anymore. heck, they shouldn't even allow it since the HD receivers are the same price now and will work on an SD TV just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.