New Customer; Only getting some HD dish channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

petroc

Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Gang,
I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on how to fix an odd problem. I have a VIP 722 DVR-HD. I had it installed a month ago. For some reason when the installer hooked it up I was only able to get a couple of the HD channels.The ones I'm getting are HBO, ESPN, TNT,HDTHR,HDNET, and HDNMV and that's it. The rest I'm not getting.

The tech guy installed a new LNB and a new dish trying to fix the problem and nada. Tonight he even tried a new VIP 722 and it still is having the problem. He's really at a loss why the rest of the HD channels aren't coming in, but some are. Any suggestions?

sounds like you're not getting 129 or 61.5 sats. But those are also just the MPEG-2 channels. Are there any MPEG-4 channels on 110 or 119?

I have the same problem. I can't pick up a signal from sat 129 because of trees (this satellite is located lower on the horizon). So I get 5 or 6 HD channels and thats it. I'm curious, tell me what Dish Network says they are going to do about it?

I too recently signed up for DISH Network and had the same problem with my 722 and 222.

The installer somehow didn't align the dish 1000.2 correctly and it was not receiving 129. Another technician came out and realigned the dish and the problem was corrected in 5 minutes.

Everything is working fine now.

lowdown

It is hard to coment on your questions without knowing where you are living. I have a Dish 500 for 110 & 119 and a second dish, Dish 300, pointed at 61.5. Have not had any problems with receiving signals from them. :up

ghc37, you may need to look at that option, but again, do not know where you live. Same for you petroc. It would help if we knew what city/state you lived in. :confused:

I live in central arkansas. My installer said I could not pick up 129 or 61.5 because of trees. Do I need a 2nd opinion? I have a 622 dvr and the 1000+ and I can only get 6 hd channels (excluding OTA). I don't know why they even installed it, I think they said I could get it free for 6 mo. then cancel HD. Does that sound right? And if I can and do cancel do I get to keep my 622? I like the 622 because I can watch and record 8 OTA HD locals.

I just thought of another question for the more knowlegable members here. In the winter when all the leafs have fallen off of the trees is it possible I could get a better signal?

TO all of you only getting a few HD channels. As said above you are missing the HD satellite. You need to call Dish and get somebody out there to fix the problem.

ghc37
I live in central arkansas. My installer said I could not pick up 129 or 61.5 because of trees. Do I need a 2nd opinion?

Yes get somebody else out there.

You cut the trees.

I have the same problem. I can't pick up a signal from sat 129 because of trees (this satellite is located lower on the horizon). So I get 5 or 6 HD channels and thats it. I'm curious, tell me what Dish Network says they are going to do about it?

Dish isn't going to do anything about the trees blocking the signal from 129. It will be up to you to cut the trees, or, to move the receiver antenna dish to a location where it has a clear view of all three satellites; 11, 119, & 129.

Dish isn't going to do anything about the trees blocking the signal from 129. It will be up to you to cut the trees, or, to move the receiver antenna dish to a location where it has a clear view of all three satellites; 11, 119, & 129.

If trees were blocking it when it was installed it should not have been installed there. The tech should have found a location that would receive the signal to get the HD.

I live in Joplin, Missouri if that helps. They're sending out a Dish tech guy or something on Tuesday because my local installer is at a loss. Let's hope this fixes the problem.

I had the same problem of some missing HD channels when I first installed my Dish 1000. Having a lot of trouble getting 129. So I took the 129 LNBF off of the 1000 and mounted it on my old 300 Dish (single) turned it around and aimed it at 61.5 and wham bam.....got all of the HD stuff I was supposed to. Just called Dish and told them and the problem was corrected.

Seems a lot of people have trouble with 129, especially the further east you go. I'm in Ohio.

I am in Wisconsin, I get the 129 sat, but not great numbers, but no fallout of channels so good enough. How low on the horizion is it? We do have a garage that may partially be blocking.

call dish and make sure you are in fact subscribing to the hd channels. if by chance they did not add the mpeg4 channels to your account and put on the "hd enabling" fee instead, you would be missing the channels like you are. this can probably be fixed with one phonecall.

call dish and make sure you are in fact subscribing to the hd channels. if by chance they did not add the mpeg4 channels to your account and put on the "hd enabling" fee instead, you would be missing the channels like you are. this can probably be fixed with one phonecall.

I had went to a service call before where that was the exact problem...

Do you have line of sight to 61.5?..What is your zip code? IF the tech who installed your system found no line of sight to 129, heshould have checked for a shot at 61.5. I can almost garantee he didn't have a "wing" dish(D-500) to use. Otherwise he'd have at least investigated.
Your install is not complete. Call dish and lodge a complaint. Let them know you've been paying for HD chs you are no receiving. Ask for a credit and have them build a w/o(no charge to you) to have a tech come out to fix the problem. So the best bet is to call Dish to make that service appointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)