New Customer Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaveznwo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
I got installed last Friday and have loved it so far. My only complaint is that the local HD channels do not work in the morning hours. Am I right to assume that something is blocking the view during that time? There is a tree which is close to where the dish points, but the installer said wouldn't effect the picture, but I am guessing that may be causing

If you're that close to your install, call them about it, have them come out and re-check the install / aiming of the dish. It i unusual to have a problem only at a certain time of day.

I have had directv for a year and also have been having trouble recieving local channels all times of day or night.

i just signed up today. install is on saturday. what deals are available? i know about the AAA discount. the csr told me that this is done at the time of activation. any other discounts available? thank you.

I got installed last Friday and have loved it so far. My only complaint is that the local HD channels do not work in the morning hours. Am I right to assume that something is blocking the view during that time? There is a tree which is close to where the dish points, but the installer said wouldn't effect the picture, but I am guessing that may be causing
Can you define "do not work" a bit more clearly? Are you getting a message regarding satellite signal, or just a blank screen, or something else. Is there a chance that your locals are for some reason shutting down their digital transmitter overnight and in the morning? I remember some markets had stations doing that to conserve power, but I would think that most run 24hrs now. It would also be odd to see that on all of your locals, but I suppose it's still possible.

Can you define "do not work" a bit more clearly? Are you getting a message regarding satellite signal, or just a blank screen, or something else. Is there a chance that your locals are for some reason shutting down their digital transmitter overnight and in the morning? I remember some markets had stations doing that to conserve power, but I would think that most run 24hrs now. It would also be odd to see that on all of your locals, but I suppose it's still possible.

A rectangle box appears in the lower right hand corner with the 771 message and to call Directv. Sometimes shows will come in and be scrambley or pixelated. But only in the morning. In the evenings, all is well. We have a tech coming out on Monday. .

A rectangle box appears in the lower right hand corner with the 771 message and to call Directv. Sometimes shows will come in and be scrambley or pixelated. But only in the morning. In the evenings, all is well. We have a tech coming out on Monday. .
Certainly sounds like signal loss. If there's no obstruction, I suppose it could be faulty equipment or connections that is/are reacting to a heat or moisture problem. Seeing how the problem occurs in the morning, my bet is on moisture.

What time is the tech coming on Monday? You may not get very far if he shows up in the afternoon when all appears well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)