New Customer Question

justrelaxing

Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I am a new customer and getting Dish. I am getting the 622 dvr I believe. My question is, I currently do not have HD. Would like to ge a projector later this year when I finish my basement and want to have HD at that time. Is it wiser to get the HD DVR now or wait.

Any help as a new customer on this subject or any other would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome

So if my current tv or vcr has a s video jack I can get the HD receiver and get the current channels in HD? Guess you lost me a bit there. Can you help me by explaining a bit. New to all this stuff.

Thanks

So is that a good thing?

Would you get the HD DVR now or would you wait till I actually get a HD viewing location?

What type of projector u have? Any info on this would be great also. Like what to look for when buying, and what do u do for a screen

The 622 DVR is an HD receiver, and will display and record HD on it's internal hard drive.

You can use this HD DVR hooked up to SD equipment (VCR's, SD TV's etc) and it can output SD signals. You will not be getting HD, but you will be ready for it when you get HD equipment.

So the 622 is the dvr that i would intially get...right?
It already will display shows that are in HD when I get a HD viewing area?

Well when I get my basement done, I want to get a PJ and screen. Are true PJ that do HD expensive? Or are the ones that are not true HD really kick A$$?

I dont want to use up a large amount of room, and that is why I am mainly looking into a PJ

justrelaxing said:
So the 622 is the dvr that i would intially get...right?
It already will display shows that are in HD when I get a HD viewing area?

Well when I get my basement done, I want to get a PJ and screen. Are true PJ that do HD expensive? Or are the ones that are not true HD really kick A$$?

I dont want to use up a large amount of room, and that is why I am mainly looking into a PJ
If you are building a dedicated media room with controlled lighting, and like to tinker, I recommend getting either an entry level or mid level CRT projector with low mileage tubes. BEST picture you can get with a projector plus long life (20,000 hrs+ if you don't over drive the CRT's).

I was patient and particular. Got my Sony D50Q (7 inch CRT's) for less than $500 on eBay. I picked it up myself while on vacation to the area. CRT's ~2000 hours so I've got 18,000 hours of life left and the picture is spectacular, especially now that I have put up a screen instead of watching on a white wall. I also plan to mount it to the ceiling to allow for more seating space.

CRT's are big and heavy (mine is about 2X1X2.5 ft and weighs 120lbs), and you will have to tweak the convergence every couple of months, if you're disinclined go with a three chip DLP (no color wheel) they are getting better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)