New Customer Questions

btb79 said:
The signal strength on most channels is about 90. On locals it's 50-60. Am I expecting too much out of a dish?

Thank you,
Bill

The signal strenth should be at least 115 and 100! I would get ahold of that installer and tell him to come back and re-aim it. I have installed a few hundred dishes and would never leave with one getting a singnal that low.

Diver said:
The signal strenth should be at least 115 and 100! I would get ahold of that installer and tell him to come back and re-aim it. I have installed a few hundred dishes and would never leave with one getting a singnal that low.
I've installed a couple :) of dishes myself, and I say not necessarily. I'm in the middle of the country and usually only get a little over 100 on the #11 transponders with a Dish 500. Here, 110-4 (spotbeam) max's out @ 125. Getting 100 on an FSS bird (105/121) is probably a fantasy.

btb79 is in Wisconsin - maybe all the way north. Thsoe strengths might be decent for his area.

BTB79: Maybe you can find a neighbor or three and see what kind of numbers they have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)