New customer

safetyfastmg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Finally ditched comcast and got E* yesterday. Dish 1000 with a 322 on two standard tvs and a 522 hooked up to a plasma and an older HD tube TV. Pretty happy so far, and the installer, out of knoxville, TN was great. He even did a installed a pole and found a way to route the cables in with other utilities to avoid drilling holes.
My only issue at this point, and I didn't spend a lot of time with the installer because I had to hurry and go to a funeral is with my locals. ON the standard def tvs they look fine, but on the plasma set, they all look fuzzy. I can only get Fox with an antenna, so that option is out. He listed the signal strength as 97 on one and 100 on another.

Why did they install a Dish1000 without you having a an HD receiver?
I thought they discontinued the DN522, and switched to the DN625.

What kind of cables are you using?? You might try HDMI and Component see how things look. Also check your receiver setting in the HD part make sure its set to 1080i.

Your not the first to bring up the problem with locals on the ViP622. I know it was brought up at the Summit, and their response was they were working on it.

Check the output resolution on the 622, the default is 480i, the installer may have left it there - change it to 720p or 1080i, whichever looks best to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)