Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I'm off contract as of today. I started looking to see what deals new customers are getting so I can call and see what incentive they might offer me to stay. New customers get the Genie for FREE, PLUS they get $30 a month off for 12 months (Choice Ultimate - the package I have) PLUS $10 a month off for the second 12 months (we're up to $480 now, folks in case you haven't been adding it up) PLUS they get NFL Sunday Ticket for the remainder of this season.

Wow. That's a pretty sweet deal for the new ones.

I'm off contract as of today. I started looking to see what deals new customers are getting so I can call and see what incentive they might offer me to stay. New customers get the Genie for FREE, PLUS they get $30 a month off for 12 months (Choice Ultimate - the package I have) PLUS $10 a month off for the second 12 months (we're up to $480 now, folks in case you haven't been adding it up) PLUS they get NFL Sunday Ticket for the remainder of this season.

Wow. That's a pretty sweet deal for the new ones.

The problem is the Directv CEO and Directv itself said they were going to concentrate on obtaining new customers and cutting back on things for current customers. IMHO, a short sighted business strategy to boost the bottom line to appease the shareholders. Those of us who are long term customers know it is getting harder and harder to get anything out of Directv anymore. I predict this is going to come back and bite them when they realize the hundreds of dollars it cost them to gain the new customer with the $29.95 entry package and a couple of receivers while losing the long term customer with the premiere package and many receivers.

The problem is the Directv CEO and Directv itself said they were going to concentrate on obtaining new customers and cutting back on things for current customers. IMHO, a short sighted business strategy to boost the bottom line to appease the shareholders. Those of us who are long term customers know it is getting harder and harder to get anything out of Directv anymore. I predict this is going to come back and bite them when they realize the hundreds of dollars it cost them to gain the new customer with the $29.95 entry package and a couple of receivers while losing the long term customer with the premiere package and many receivers.

I don't think so. It's pretty much the same thing with Dish, or any other provider. Best bet, swap providers every couple of years. :)

when i left dtv a few years ago, retention offered me a free hd dvr upgrade. i said no. a few months after i had beeen gone, i started getting a letter every month asking me back. it was called the win back promotion. i got everything new customers got when i came back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts