New D* installation a success....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Well, after my decision to switch from E* to D*, I had my installation and I'd like to report that I am a happy camper!

The guy showed up an hour early at 11:00 AM for an afternoon install. He called from the driveway to see if I was available and I most certainly was. He knew his stuff and 2 1/2 hours later all three rooms were set up the way that I wanted and the dish was mounted nicely on a pole in the ground.

I've mostly been playing with the HR-21 since and getting aquainted with it. The HD is plentiful and looks significantly better than the E* HD programming. I do not regret the switch at all.

I connected it to my wireless network Tuesday and do have the VOD in the menu on the DVR but no channel 1000. I have to do some reading to understand this but I am very anxious to get it.

I also need to read up on external hard drives since I'm expecting delivery of a 750 GB eSATA drive at any time.

Life is good in TV Land! :D

Glad to hear everything went well.

Well, after my decision to switch from E* to D*, I had my installation and I'd like to report that I am a happy camper!

The guy showed up an hour early at 11:00 AM for an afternoon install. He called from the driveway to see if I was available and I most certainly was. He knew his stuff and 2 1/2 hours later all three rooms were set up the way that I wanted and the dish was mounted nicely on a pole in the ground.

I've mostly been playing with the HR-21 since and getting aquainted with it. The HD is plentiful and looks significantly better than the E* HD programming. I do not regret the switch at all.

I connected it to my wireless network Tuesday and do have the VOD in the menu on the DVR but no channel 1000. I have to do some reading to understand this but I am very anxious to get it.

I also need to read up on external hard drives since I'm expecting delivery of a 750 GB eSATA drive at any time.

Glad things worked out for you :), I am thinking of picking up an external HDD, maybe 1 Terabyte eSATA drive?

Welcome to D*. For On Demand you just need to wait until the D* system sees your connected before it's enable, it can take a couple hours to a couple days.

I am thinking of picking up an external HDD, maybe 1 Terabyte eSATA drive?

That's the size I was going to get but there was such a large price difference between 750 GB and 1 TB that I changed my mind.

Welcome to D*. For On Demand you just need to wait until the D* system sees your connected before it's enable, it can take a couple hours to a couple days.

I'll try to be patient and give it some more time. It's been two days but maybe it'll appear soon.

nazz to nice?

Well Mr. nazz were you nizz(nice) to the D* installer? A tip? Maybe a [nizz] hot cup of coffee since it is cold just about everywhere?

Good deal. I got mine hooked up on the 11th. The installer ran plenty of cable without any extra charge. He also set up an extra phone outlet right behind our television set free of charge. AND, he even offered (when I asked for the straight up info) to hook me up with locals since we get none here. However, he wanted that particular service for $130 extra with him. Well, it only cost me one phone call a few hours later to get those locals in check.

...I connected it to my wireless network Tuesday and do have the VOD in the menu on the DVR but no channel 1000. I have to do some reading to understand this but I am very anxious to get it...

good to hear that, hope my install will be as smooth.

Did you mean you could connect the HDDVR to your broadband wirelessly? Is this new on HR21 or also on HR20?

good to hear that, hope my install will be as smooth.

Did you mean you could connect the HDDVR to your broadband wirelessly? Is this new on HR21 or also on HR20?

The HR20/HR21 do not have built in wireless capabilities. If you need wireless you can use an external wireless adapter and connect that via the ethernet port to the HR20/21.

The HR20/HR21 do not have built in wireless capabilities. If you need wireless you can use an external wireless adapter and connect that via the ethernet port to the HR20/21.

I do have dsl but it is only in one room due to interference on the phone line. So you are saying I can buy a wireless adapter since I do have a wireless router and hook the wireless adapter via the ethernet port and the hd dvr will respond wireless?

Yes, and try to be at least an 801.11g router and adapter.

and as far as your DSL and interference on the line are you using your DSL filters on ever line? If so, replace them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.